CHAPTER NINETEEN

A day later, I decided to speak to Mark again before the ship set sail. I knew they would be at the Tavern, so it would be nice to meet Mark and Bonny before we went our separate ways again, but once I made it to the Tavern I froze in my spot before I was seen, then hid when I heard the two chatting with each other.

They were sitting on the stools at the Tavern, talking low so that no other man would hear. "Mark," Bonny said. "I know ye be a woman, I've known the whole time," her voice dropped lower. "Teach me about being a pirate."

"Are ye sure, lass?" Mary raised his brow to her, "If I am to teach ye about the pirate life, ye have to want it. Ye must be willin' to embrace it."

"I will," She nodded vigorously. "Teach me."

"Alright," Mary took another drink from her cup of rum. "There is no going back from this."

I watched the two as they made an agreement, and I thought it was best not to intervene between them. I smiled and returned to the shop and bored it, it wasn't until an hour later after helping the pirates with cleaning the ship that I heard my name being called from the dock. I looked over the ship to see Mary standing there, grinning, putting her weight on her right leg. "Ye didn't come to the Tavern today, did you have somethin' more important to do?"

"I actually did come," I thought it was best to be truthful. "But I heard Bonny and you talking I didn't want to interrupt."

"Sometimes your too nice for your own good, lass," She chuckled. "I wouldn't have cared, nor would she," She turned and looked at Rackham's ship, then returned her gaze to be. "We can dress ye as a man and get you a part of Rackham's crew, if you still do not want to be the part of this one."

I thought of it, finally smiling and shaking my head, "I think this is the best ship for me to be on, thanks for the offer though."

With a knowing grin, she chuckled, "Aye, I understand. Until we meet again," She walked away from the ship.

"So now yer wish to remain on my ship," Caspian seemed to be standing around when he heard me say that. I turned my head to look at him, listening as he added. "What a surprise."

I rolled my eyes playfully at him, turning and relaxing back on the side of the ship. "I already know everyone on this one. It would take too long to get use to everyone on another ship, and I don't have to dress up as a man on this one. Or I could," I smiled to him, shrugging.

"Yer will do no such thing," His voice became strong, quiet only for me to hear. His face becoming serious. "There is no point for yer to be dressed as a lad when we already know yer a woman. Yer figure is also too womanly to pass as a lad anyway."

"It was a joke," I laughed briefly. "When are we going to leave?"

"Shortly," He answered. "I must make sure the men are ready before we set sail."

"Then go," I waved him off. "I'm not going anywhere."

He turned to walk off, and once everything was ready, we returned to the sea.

Three days after being in sea, and after a night sleeping next to Caspian, he decided to give me back my weapons. My two pistols and my two swords that Mark had given me. I was starting to miss these weapons, and I put them back on. Now I began to feel safer.

Although being was Caspian was nice, I was noticing something funny going on around the ship. The funny looks on the crew's face, like they were holding a secret. I asked Amul what was wrong but he only said he didn't know, and I know Amul wouldn't lie over something being suspicious.