goner ; reggie mantle (2)

i honestly dont know what this is i just wrote this randomnly

******

10 days left

Today, I had to go to the cafeteria because they decided to renovate the library. Luckily, I already borrowed my favorite mythology book. Being the outcast that I am, I decided to sit at the very back of the cafeteria where no one would notice me.

I took out the book, my phone, and my earbuds out and drowned all the loud chatters away. I got startled when someone takes a seat across from me, his gaze meeting mine. 

It was Reggie Mantle. 

Him and I have been somewhat close before when we were still kids, but then he got in the football team and goodbye friendship. I didn't really care though. He was a guy who i don't deserve to be friends with.

He leaned back the chair and just stared at me. I ignored his actions and continued to read my book. "A mythology book, huh?" he says. 

I took my right earbud out and replied sarcastically, "Hello to you too."

"I've never really known someone who likes those types of books." he said, ignoring my sarcastic remark. I just shrugged and carried on with my book.

There was a good amount of awkward silence but he still didn't leave.

Finally, i spoke up. "What brings you here, Mantle?" I said, closing my book and leaning back my chair. He just shrugged in response.

"It's been awhile since we've actually had a conversation." He says. "It's been years." I replied.

"Do you think you could just talk to me out of nowhere?" I suddenly said.

"I think that you're not as dark as you want people to believe." He replied. "Do you know why that matters?" He asked.

"it doesn't." I replied before walking away. 

***

9 days left

The library is still under construction and I didn't want to go back to the cafeteria again after what happened with Reggie. Instead, I decided to go to the auditorium. The auditorium was another place I've found to be quite peaceful besides the library. The only thing is, the drama club usually had their practices here during lunch. Luckily for me, they weren't here. 

I walked towards the stage where a single spotlight is directed and as I walked closer, I saw someone eerily familiar. the person noticed me and stood up, walking towards me.

"Y/N?" the voice said.

To my luck, it was once again Reggie Mantle.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as led me to the stage. "This is sort of my secret hideout." He replied, sitting cross-legged as I did the same. I didn't want to see his face again after what happened but I didn't want to go back to the cafeteria either. 

We just sat across each other as I took out my book and started reading it. "Don't you like reading love stories and such?" he asked, trying not to be rude. 

"No. i actually hate love stories. they're too sappy and predictable." I replied as he stayed quiet. We stayed like that for awhile — silent.

"I know there's something wrong." Reggie blurted out as I closed my book and placed it down.

"with what?" I asked. "You." He replied and I felt my body tense. I got up and walked down the stage when he grabbed my wrist, causing me to face him.