Altruistic

-adjective

concerned about the welfare of others

-

Eunhye;

Eunhye treaded along the sidewalk of the road, her bag slung lazily across her shoulder as her sharp, emotionless eyes pierced through the crowds, wary and cautious.

Her car was left at the cemetery, as she was so tired she couldn't even hold the steering wheel straight. Nothing in her mind mattered aside for Baekhyun, and he was gone.

Stopping beside a blind man, about to cross the road, Eunhye's eyes widened in surprise of his independence but they immediately narrowed when she realized how dangerous it was.

Just as the green light flashed, the blind man slowly made his way across, before cold fingers wrapped around his wrist, gently tugging and leading him across.

While she did this, her face remained emotionless, however, slight pain of reminiscence flickered in her eyes as her throat constricted painfully. Her fingers unclasped themselves from his warm skin once they reached the end of the crossing, however, she was stopped.

His frail hand grasped her wrist, as he spoke a silent thanks to her. She smiled and carefully removed his hand, only to freeze when the following words escaped his mouth.

"I think your parents brought you up wonderfully, thank you."

Her eyes blinked away her tears furiously as she tried to stop the bile from rising up her throat, burning the inner skin of it. Her blood froze in her veins before she regained her composure.

She forcefully pushed away his hand, still being careful not to hurt it before she walked off hastily, controlling her tears from falling out of her eyes. Her breathing became uneven as a bitter liquid rose up her throat.

She entered an alley before pressing her back against the wall, panting and sweating before she threw up, hot tears squeezing out of her eyes.

Brushing them away and wiping her lips, she waited until her breathing became regular before she walked out of the alley and towards the richest district of Seoul, Gangnam.

-

Baekhyun;

He treaded along the sidewalk, following the stick-like figure in front of him. As she walked into a dark alley, Baekhyun's eyes widened and nearly popped out of his sockets before they darkened.

Turning into the same alley as she did, he found her leaning against the wall, panting heavily before she vomited on the floor. Even though it was dark, he could see a few drops of tears lining her cheeks before she wiped them away hurriedly.

Yes, he had been watching her the whole day. Chanyeol had assigned him to watch this particular female every day from then onwards. Since humans couldn't see him, he wasn't afraid.

So she has a story too, he thought, She's much worser than me, even colder. Somehow, Baekhyun felt more connected than he should since they were strangers.

Strangers didn't feel a mutual attraction to each other did they? Neither do they immediately feel like they could trust, and rely on each other did they?

They didn't actually feel connected do they? But here, that was all he was feeling. And he wanted answers- needed them, to fill his questions and curiosity.

If he remembered, he would have known.

How important she was to him.

How he needed her.

How he missed her.

How he wanted her.

He would have known.