Chapter Ten

I looked down at my now locked phone to see what time it was.

5:45. he said he'd be here at 7. I'd better hurry.

I quickly got off the couch in the living room to my room.

I started tearing thru my closet, trying to find something to wear. I needed something nice, but not too showy. where were we Even going? To dinner? A drive? A club?

I resisted calling him back. Why was I putting so much into this?

I sighed to myself, shaking my head.

To be honest, a part of me was kind of looking forward to this. As much as another part was scared.

I finally decided to throw on shorts and a grey cardigan and went to put my hair up and fix my make up.It was already 6:30.

I decided what perfume to put on and got a text message.

"On my way -Myles"

My heart beat accelerated and my stomach turned.

At 6:58 I saw his car pull up in front of my house. As I grabbed my purse I gulped and squeezed my eyes shut. it's okay Hailey. You can do this. you'll make it through.

HONK HONK

Oh my god, I thought to myself and walked out, locking the door behind me.

"Ya know, I'm pretty surprised you're here, let alone on time." Myles began as soon as I opened the passengers side door and got in.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I looked over at him. In the daylight, he was actually pretty attractive. something I never really noticed about him. Well, while I was sober at least.

"The last time you were in this car, I recall you saying you never wanted to talk to me again. But I know," he said smiling and brushing nothing off his shirt "I'm irresistible."

I rolled my eyes at the coincided comment he just made. There goes his little but if attractiveness.

After 5 minutes of silence I decided to say something...

"Where are we going?"

He looked over at me and smiled and chuckled. reaching his arm around my seat he looked at me sideways and answered with "Why I thought we'd go on a nice romantic moonlit picnic at the park."

I waited a minute.

"...seriously?"

"Hell no. We are going to the park though."

Why the park? It was dark, and secluded and oh no now I was worried. I started squirming in my seat at the thought of what could happen. Myles sort of laughed again and turned up the radio for the rest of the ride.

After what seemed like ETERNITY in the car alone with Myles, we pulled into the empty dark parking lot.

As he turned the engine off and pulled the keys out, I clenched my hand down on the arm rest and shook my head, refusing to move.

Myles looked at me weirdly before asking "Are you possessed?"

I opened my mouth but didn't say anything.

"It's barely 7:30. The sun is barely setting, it's still light out. There's a kids baseball game going on over there, do you really think I'm going to do something to you in front of them?"

"I don't know you." I blurted out.

He laughed, shaking his head. "Why do you think I brought you here?"

"I don't know, I-"

"It was a rhetorical question."

Only I would've not caught on to that.

"Follow me over to this tree." Myles nodded his head to his left, opening the car door.