11 : real

Rogue 28 | night fourteen

The heart goes beyond love,
The mind sails beyond oceans.
The body drowns up above,
And the soul dreads with emotion.

To prove what we have,
To say what to say.
To share what is love,
To have a reason to stay.

Louis: Toad! (smiles)

Harry: Hedgehog! (chuckles)

Lady: (mad) Cause of traffic!

Louis: (glances at Harry)

Harry: (glances at Louis)

Louis: Cut to the other lane, lady. This road isn't a highway for you to be scared to cut. It's literally close to being abandoned completely. (laughs)

Harry: (lovingly looks at Louis) Don't abandon me when they start choosing another path, okay?

Louis: I won't. (kisses Harry on the cheek)

Harry: Why are you standing here with me?

Louis: (looks down) Something urges me to stand here. Maybe it will help me to better understand you.

Harry: (takes a step closer to Louis)

Louis: (holds Harry's hand) I want to know why you spend hours of your night standing in the middle of this road. I want to feel what you feel.

Harry: (rests head on Louis' shoulder) People would eventually start questioning us, it's hard to be questioned when you don't have a concrete answer.

Louis: They don't matter at all.

Harry: [silence] (sighs)

Louis: [silence]

Harry: I like the feel of it.

Louis: (furows brows) Feel of what?

Harry: (thinks to himself) When I stand here, I feel everything around me. The few cars, the wind, even the droplets of rain every once in a while. (pauses) I'm not really sure why all of a sudden, I woke up one morning and decided to stand in an empty space; a space even cars fear to occupy.

Louis: You're way deeper than I thought you were.

Harry: (smirks) That's what he said.

Louis: Hey, don't go dirty all of a sudden you nasty frog. (pretends to get disgusted)

Harry: (chuckles) (paused) You, why do you pass by this road when there's about a hundred roads out there you can let your car crash?

Louis: (stares at Harry) It's a closer way home.

Harry: (shakes head) I bet, you're lying.

Louis: (raises brow) I would be lying If I'd tell you we're not standing in the middle of the road, casually talking.

Harry: (grips Louis' hand) Be honest, what's the real story?

Louis: (flinches)

Harry: C'mon.

Louis: How are you even sure I have something to hide? (makes eye contact with Harry)

Harry: I don't know. You look like a person filled with secrets.

Louis: I am. (looks away)

Harry: Now tell me.

Louis: [silence]

Harry: I'm waiting.

Louis: [silence]

Harry: Louis?

Louis: (fakes a smile)

Harry: (smiles) It's okay, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to.

Louis: (kisses Harry/proceeds to tell the story) I-I heard a story from a passenger about this beautiful lad standing in the middle of a road. This road, it wasn't new to me but it wasn't familiar either. For two months, I let that story slide. But then, I had this feeling to see this man. For real.

Harry: That's why you approached me?

Louis: No.

Harry: What?

Louis: It took me about a week to finally approach you. I always look at you from afar, or whenever my car passes by. I look at you and you don't even know I'm there.

Harry: Creepy shit. (backs away)

Louis: Hey. (chuckles) You're creepy too, you stand in the middle of a f*cking road looking like a toad, dressed up like you live in a barn, and lurking like a ghost.

Harry: You're too mean. (huffs) You're a disgrace to those who actually live in a barn. Shame on you.

Louis: I'm honest. (piches Harry's nose)

Harry: Dishonor.

Louis: Fine, (pouts) from now on, I'm sealing my lips.

Harry: [silence]

Louis: Love,

Harry: Hmm?

Louis: If I– (sighs) Nothing.

Harry: [silence]

Louis: How 'bout I treat you with some blueberry cheesecake down at Marbles?

Harry: You do know even if you don't offer me, I'd still have blueberry cheesecake, right? (places hand on Louis' face/gives him a kiss)

Louis: I like your kisses.

Harry: That's for being honest with me. (hugs Louis)

Louis: Yeah. (glances afar) I'm honest. (sighs)

- - - - - - • - - - - - -

n o t e | next 12 chapters will now be taking place @ Marbles. A diner.

s o n g | Tonight - FM Static