Scorch chapter 4

A/N:

Hi hi guys!

I'm back with a new chapter! Well that’s if you can't already see that...

For only three chapters, I think I'm doing quite well! 8 reads and 1 vote! (But no comments...)

So I thank you guys who are enjoying this so far!

xx xx xx

So let me recall all the things that have happened so far shall I?

I'm a traitor to the SIA and after five years, I'm finally back home. I'm back at school, a school that educates my worst enemy. Now that I'm home, my older siblings came over for dinner and I also have a little sister that I have never seen or heard of in my life.

I'm tired already.

I dragged my feet into the sixth form common room with a bag on my back, finally. I laid off on the leather today, deciding that a black jeans outfit would do the trick, but keeping my boots. As an agent, the aim is to lay low and not draw attention to yourself.

I broke that rule yesterday as I was 'the talk of the town.'

I sighed silently to myself and noticed that Lacey was bouncing towards me. I still had another ten minutes before I was to go to form. (A/N: homeroom)

"So how was your first day then? Hope school hasn't crushed your spirits yet!"

She started giggling and I wanted to roll my eyes and tell her to calm down. It was clear that school hadn't crushed hers, even though she had been attending this place for six years now.

"It was okay. Just not a morning person. It's evident that you are though." She nodded her head, her ponytail flying behind her head once again. She threw her bag on the floor next to mine and plopped down next to me.

"Yup, I go jogging every morning! Can't sleep for longer than 8 hours and I sleep early every night! I'm not a late night person. You know why what they say, early to bed, early to rise!"

I nodded my head slightly. Although I was an early to bed person, it didn't mean that I felt pleasure in waking up early. That was a habit that would surely die hard.

Suddenly, something in my head told me to look up and there he was, the same smug fool who made my blood boil. He walked carelessly down the hallway with a group of guys and although I wasn't paying attention to Lacey, I had noticed that she had stopped talking.

Tearing my gaze away from the insolent fool of an agent, I turned to Lacey with a blank face. I still wasn’t able to show that many emotions. It was as though I had been fully drained which I hated.

"Why did you stop talking? I was still listening." She shook her head, a serious expression settling on her face. I then grew curious.

"The way you were looking at Johnny. Do you...know him from somewhere?"

On the inside, I was surprised. She obviously knew who Johnny was and I wasn't about to give away who I was. If she works with Johnny but doesn't know who I am, then things would work in my favour. There was only one thing to do and that was lie on the spot.

"We had a little confrontation yesterday when I was coming out of the toilet. Wouldn't leave me alone."

Although her movements were small, I could still tell that she had relaxed. It would take a trained eye to see how visible it was. Only someone who was a spy would be able to make such small movements. It made me want to know if there were anymore teen agents around this place and what this school actually is.