Scorch chapter 8

Agent Killer.

No one comes to mind when that name flashes through my head. Just who are they and what do they want with clones? More importantly, why a clone of me?

Is this agent jealous? Is it because my name became bigger than theirs? No, that's a stupid reason. You shouldn't want to be big and known in the spy network. You just became an easy target.

Yes, while my name is most definitely known, I had a mask. I hid my face very well, meaning it was quite useless for my clone to go around with my identity. But if they didn't hide their face and they used my agent name, I'm now sure that I am wanted if I were to walk about without my mask.

Lacey said that it must be someone who knows my every move. That was between the Director and the person who gave me my missions. Well I can rule out my Director. Now that just leaves Mrs Lawrence. She's a bitter woman and judging by her facial expression every time she sees me, it could be her.

Her reasons? Too old, used to be a well renowned spy back in her days and she could well and truly be stuck in the past. Also, she is not stupid, so someone like her could very well pull of this stunt.

I sighed in frustration and rubbed at my temples. I just wanted to see something go off in flames, but I had to try and stop that feeling. The feeling of watching the smoke billow in the wind, the scent that wafts up nose, they smell of pure burning! I don't understand why it gave me a rush, but it always does.

I grabbed my hands as I wrung them together to stop this feeling. My breathing got deeper as I closed my eyes trying to picture other things, but nothing came to mind.

I got up and slammed my wardrobe door open as I grabbed the leather outfit that it had shown up in on the the first day. I yanked it hard off of the hanger and I heard something light clang on my wooden floor.

I blinked as I shoved the thoughts of burning something down to the back of my head. I looked down at my feet and frowned when I saw a black circular device with a green light.

"What the..."

I bent down to pick it up and I inspected it. It looked more like a camera to me. I gripped it tightly and headed over to my bed. I pulled out my new phone that I bought and dialled a number.

"Hey Gizmo? Yeah, I found some sort of camera...Come now? Nah I was just getting ready for school but I could leave that now. See you in a bit."

I hung up and put on another leather outfit. My boots finished off my look and I smoothed down my braids. Daisy was at school and mum and dad were at work, making me the only one in my house.

Or so I thought.

As soon as I was about to open my bedroom door, I heard some movement downstairs. I frowned once more and grabbed my phone. I needed Johnny because he was 18 meaning he could now drive and I needed him to drive to the CPA.

But who was downstairs? I glanced out of my window to see that both of my parent's cars were gone. There was a crash and it was most definite that this person either didn't know that there was still one more person home, or they honestly didn't care.

I grabbed my arm plates and changed my top. My armplates protected me from any stabbings because I liked to use my arms for cover. I stuffed my long sleeve on and it hide my plates. I did a few lunges in my trousers and deemed it flexible enough for any moves. I had no weapons because I had to turn all of them in when I got my traitor tag. No matter, I didn't need them anyway. I was a skilled agent for many reasons.

The good thing about my door was that it never creaked and it probably never will. No sound is made when I open my door, meaning the intruder downstairs won't hear it. But first I needed to text Johnny to come and pick me up.