Chapter 6

Sky wakes up early, out of habit, she is always afraid of confronting her parents. She never feels completely safe around them. Sky creeps quietly to the shower, she is fond of hot showers in the morning, they always seem to comfort her. As she creeps over, the water was already running in the shower. 

The water suddenly stops, and Max comes out, a towel is lazily wrapped around his waist. She doesn't even bat an eyelid at him as Sky steps into the bathroom,”There’s a towel on the rack for you to use. Do you have a uniform?” asks Max as he dries his hair with a smaller towel.

“Yeah, my mother threw most of my clothes at me, they were already packed, I was planning on leaving the house after I found out I was pregnant,” says Sky.

Max nods and moves into his room to change into the school uniform. They both finish, already ready for school two hours early. The whole house was made of early risers, Kasumi had awoken before all of them, preparing breakfast for all of them. 

Natasha, Max’s sister came downstairs, she was also already dressed for school. She goes to the same school as the two, but she is a senior so she has to be at school an hour early for an extra class. 

Natasha was made aware of Sky’s status recently, and held no qualms about the young girl living with them. Natasha gave everyone a tired smile, she was studying to get into one of the hardest colleges possible, so she was often up all night or at cram school. 

Everyone ate breakfast in comfortable silence,”Mom I’m going to run to school again,” said Natasha. If she couldn’t get in on academics she could get a sports scholarship, everyone in the Sato family worked really hard, they lived on very little. It was a miracle that they could even afford to go to the school that Kasumi's two children attend now. Max and Natasha had to balance school, sports, and a job. Their mother worked two jobs, maintained the household, and payed bills.

Kasumi nodded,”I won’t be home until late tonight, I have a late night shift. So Max, I need you to cook.”

Max nods,”Sure.”

“I’ll come home early to help,” says Natasha,”I have to go now though, I’ll see everyone later.”

Natasha puts on her running shoes, and quietly closes the door. Kasumi then bids the two goodbye, she is going to her first job of the day. Max and Sky clear the table, Max washing the dishes as Sky gathers their school stuff. 

Today they have PE as the first class of the day, but Sky is dismissed from the class due to her deciding to take a break from the class. Personally, she hated that class because James was in it. So of course trying to avoid seeing the boy at all costs, decided that it was to "intense" for her. It surprised her that the administration didn't even bother to ask why she was keeping dance but not PE. She packs Max’s PE clothes, and an extra uniform for her, just in case she pukes on her school uniform.

Max came up the stairs when he finishes the dishes,”Did you comb your hair it looks like a rats nest,”says Max jokingly. 

“Does it really?” asks Sky subconsciously tugging at her hair, she looks unusually self-conscious.

“Sorry, I didn’t know that you would take it like that,” he pats her back lightly. He wasn’t used to Sky being so sensitive, but it came with the territory of being pregnant.

Max combed her long mane of hair soothingly,”Shush darling, I was just playing around,” he says.

He ties it neatly away, ”We’ve got to go to school now,” says Max.

Sky nods,”Sorry, I didn’t mean to get so offended,” says Sky covering her face embarrassed.

Max just nods understandingly,”It’s okay.”