Chapter 2: The Call

"Honey, I'm back!"

My eyes widened at the message. I was so shocked I didn't realized that my order was already done and the waitress was calling for my attention.

Jumping back to reality, I quickly shoved my phone back into my pocket and took the heavy tray. Thanking the waitress once more before I left.

Once at the table I put down the tray in the center and took my own drink before sitting down and thinking.

She's back. She's back! I miss her so so much! Oh what should we do tonight? Just us two or with my brother too?

"-hee!" six of them called, pulling my brain back into the cafe.

"What?" I asked, tilting my head slightly to the right.

"You've been spacing out very since you sat down. You tried drink your strawberry juice but the straw is still half wrapped at the top." Park Jimin pointed out.

I looked down and indeed, the straw was still wrapped at the top.

I let out a awkward giggle, "Mianhae, it's just that I'm excited that she's back. "

"She?" asked five of them, looking at me curiously. My brother was looking down on his phone and Jungkook didn't seem to appeared to care the slightest.

I awkwardly picked up a spoon and scooped a huge spoon full of mochi and green tea flavored ice and shoved it into my mouth in an attempt of not wanting to explain something.

If they want to know my brother should be the only to tell since they are his friends and not mine, it wasn't in my place to tell them something my brother possibly didn't yet.

My brother, Kim Taehyung finally spoke up, "If she's back then let's go."

「was it awkward not having names in the first chapter? hahaha i thought it would've been interesting if i didn't reveal the names til later :))」

I nodded and got up, taking my juice with me.

"Let's go back to the house." Taehyung said, also taking his tea with him.

Turning to the clueless group I bowed a little, "Drinks on me this time, don't pay me back. The ice is really good so give it a try. Thanks for letting me tag along today, bye."

I hurried out the door to catch up to Taehyung. He never ever waits for me, this is so tiring.

We waved down a taxi and rode to the house on the other side of the city.
---
We ran off as soon as we payed for the taxi, probably giving the man way more than the charge was.

Just as we reached the front door, I reached forward to ring the doorbell. Before I had the chance to press down on it, the wooden door swung open. Revealing a stunning women in an charming navy blue office outfit.

"Aunt Jieun!!" we called out.

Our aunt beamed at us and took us into her arms for a bear hug. She then ushered us inside the living room to catch up.

Taking a seat with my brother on the bigger couch and aunt Jieun taking the smaller couch, she began to talk.

"How have you two been? I'm sorry that I left Korea so unexpectedly for two months, there was an issue overseas and I had to go take care of it myself. " she said apologetically.

Taehyung spoke for the two of us, "Don't worry about it aunt Jieun, we understand that it was for the company. Anything you do is always the best for the company. "

For a spilt second aunt Jieun's eyes looked more damp than it had been before when she greeted us at the door.

She forced a little smile and stood up,changing the topic as she spoke. "Now who's ready for some presents? Oh and you two are staying here for the night, I miss my niece and nephew."

We gladly took on the offer since we miss her very much too.
---
Early next morning we headed back to our apartment with our presents aunt Jieun had given to us the night before.

"Ahhh why did she bring us back so many things. One thing is already enough but this time it seems like she bought us two whole stores!" I complained as we walked down the street that led to our apartment.

Taehyung gave me a side ways look, "Well she was gone for a little more than two month."

"Here give me your bags so you can free up a hand to open the gate and put the pin in." He added when the building came into view.

I shook my head, "No it's fine, I can open them."

My brother gave me a puzzled look in which I responded with a confident smile.

Walking up to the gate I propped the left side of the boxes I had on the gate and lowered my arm.

Letting my metal bracelet hook itself onto the gate latch, I then pulled up my arm to unlatched the gate.

Taking the boxes back into both arms, I used my foot to open the gate.

"Smartttttt." Taehyung complimented. "Now how are you going to open the door, it's a pin lock." he then added.

I gave him the same smile and confidently walked up to the door. There I lowered my arms and used my pinkie to enter the four digit code.

*click*

"Got it!" I cheered in victory as the door opened.

Taehyung interrupted my moment of success to tell me that his arms were falling off but I didn't make a face to him because mine felt like they were also about to fall off too.

Once we carefully placed the packages on the couch. We collapsed to the floor in exhaustion.

*buzz buzz buzz buzz*

"Oppa, your phone is ringing." I commented, stressing the 'oppa' quiet a bit.

Taehyung groaned and lifted his head to see where his phone was. Seeing that it was closer to me than it was to him he told me to get it for him.

I let out a grunt but reached to grab his phone anyways.

When I flipped the phone over to see who was calling, I frozed.

On the screen it read, "Kookie."

The only person that my brother know of with this nickname was the one and only,

Jeon Jungkook.

note: Good Morning!! How's your morning so far?(where i am is early morning right now)is the book catching your attention? just a little?? i swear it'll get good later on, the first few chapters are always very boring in my opinion. i just want to say that when writing new chapters it always take me a day or two so don't beat me up if I'm rly slow at updating :)

「unedited」