Chapter 8: Date?

"Jungkook-ssi?"
"Jaehee-ssi?"
We realized at the same time.

We froze in our spots and simply just stared at each other in shock.

Boom Boom(17 ;))

My heart picked up it's pace, warmth began to creep up my neck to my cheeks.

I broke off the eye and skin contact when the girl behind the counter came by with my order.

Planning to take it and leave I nodded my head to her in thanks and reached for my drink.

"Ah," I heard Jungkook whispered, "Can you please stay with me? These girls scare me."

Unconsciously a smile formed on my face and I slowly sat back down.

"Give me your phone." He whispered again.

Even though I was confused at his request, I gave him my phone.

With a few quick taps on the screen of my phone and his, he was done.

When he gave me back my phone I realized that he had saved his number to my contacts.

Jungkookie was what he saved himself as.

*buzz buzz*

Just when I was about to smile at his contact name I got a message from him on Kakao.

Opening the app I saw his message:
(bold is Jungkook, bold italic is Jaehee)

Those girls will try to listen to our conversation so let's just talk like this :((

Alrighty :)

I'm sorry you have to do this because of me.....

It's fine, it's not your fault

But it is..... I catch their eyes because I'm so handsome ;)

Unable to keep quiet I burst out into a fit of laughter. Jungkook just knowingly smiles at me across the table.

Recovering from my outburst I pick my phone back up and replied.

Mianhae, that wasn't very nice of me....

It's fine I get why you are laughing. Jin hyung has been getting to me lately.

I can tell haha :) eh....so Jungkook-ssi. Mind telling me the story of why these girls are here and why they are staring daggers at me?

I looked up from my screen and I could see Jungkook hesitating to tell me.

Taking a sip of my drink I waited for his response

Do u see that girl with the semi curly red-ish hair sitting at the table on your two o'clock?

I glanced up from my phone, pretending to take a sip of my drink so I could get a good look at her.

Oh. She's the one that's been staring at me with those eyes of flames.

Going back to my phone I typed:

Yes I see her.

Okay, she's the girl I told you about.  The one that follows me everywhere and is a creep,that my parents like?

Ohhhh, she doesn't look like a nice girl........

Yea......  :( she scares me...

Just as I was going to type again I look at the time displayed on the top of the screen. Immediately I stood up and grabbed my stuff.

Confused, Jungkook stood up too. Resulting to all the girls of the nearby tables to stand up too.

I looked up at him as I push my chair in, "Mianhaeyo Jungkook-ssi. I have to go now." I then bowed my head and turned my heel around to the door. Without waiting for a answer from him I left the cafe.
---
After my morning classes I finally got a time off to eat lunch and turned on my notifications again.

Uncountable amounts of messages keep on coming in, making my phone vibrate for a good three minutes.

When it stopped I took the chance to check my kakao.

TaeTae Oppa(9)
Dorks(11)
BTS+Lame Chicken(12)
Jeon Jungkook(4)

TaeTae Oppa:
Jaehee~
JaeJae~
Jaeheeeee help meee I'm so bored :((
Classes must have started for you... That's why you are ignoring me....
You are making me feel like a loser
Jaeheeee answer meeeee :(((
I don't feel loved anymore.....
My own dongsaeng don't love me ;-;

I let out a small giggle at my brother's immaturity, since he shouldn't be on his phone during the meeting.

Next I clicked into the group chat with my friends, Dorks. Just like my brother and his friends, there's seven of us:
Go Eunha(Galaxy)
Hong Dasom(Lovey)
Song Yeona(Pretty Child)
Choi ChunHwa(Spring)
Ahn Jia(Beauty)
[name IDs for the group chat and who it is]

Dorks:
Galaxy: JaeJae!! Why is Taehyung spamming me with crying emojis and saying that you don't love him?
Pretty Child: ●_● why don't you love your brother back so we don't get more spams from him.
Spring: I'm trying to learn this song but my phone won't stop dinging.....
Spring: oh... It's Taehyung oppa......
Spring: is anyone else getting it?
Lovey: ChunHwa......is your messages being delayed? We are all getting spams from him.
Spring: Oh mian, i didn't read it.
Galaxy:..................
Lovey: .........
Pretty Child:.........
Spring:......mian......  ●︿●

I smiled in sympathy over my screen to my friends and clicked out of the chat, not replying.

I then clicked open the group chat my brother's friends added me into.
[note: the IDs will be different from a different characters pov]

BTS+Lame Chicken:
Jinnie Oppa: Am I the only one getting spammed by Taehyung?
JHoping: I'm ignoring them.
ChimChim: I don't know what else to say to him.....
Smarty148: It's so hard to get him to stop. Is he even in class?
ChimChim: He isn't, he didn't tell me where he is. He just said he's bored.
Jinnie Oppa: Jaehee?? Do you know?
Swag Fire:  Why is Kim Taehyung being so annoying right now. I'm trying to work.
Smarty148: I think Jaehee is in class right now, let's use our other chat.
Jeon Jungkook: I love how Jaehee is more important than me.........
Jinnie Oppa: Kookie! You are suppose to be listening to class right now! Why are you on!
Jeon Jungkook: Professor Do didn't show up so it's a study hall.
ChimChim: Let's use the other chat.

I sighed, Taehyung had spammed everyone because he was bored at the meeting. I guess I had it lucky since I was in class.

Finally I clicked the last chat as I got up to give my tray to the dish washers in the Cafeteria.

Reading the message, I froze in my steps. Stopping in the middle of the hallway.

Boom Boom Boom Boom

There it is once again, my heartbeat began to pick up its pace as my eyes scan the words he sent over and over again.

Jeon Jungkook:
Did you know we're in the same class?
Since you left me hanging this morning.....
Do you want to eat dinner with me?
You could count this as a date, I'll come get you at 6 :))

This boy sure knows how to make a girl's heart beat out of her chest.

note: I've been reading alot of Chinese romance stories so I think I'm ready to keep on writing this :))

「unedited」