Chapter 7

* updated

 Estefani woke up by the light seeping through a little opening between the grey drapes. Hearing the sound of the drapes, Estefani sprung up in panic, she looked down at the ash wooden floor looking for Liam, her husky. She moved her gaze to the drapery, where a young man with platinum blond hair, wearing a white knitted sweater and a pair of dark grey jeans was staring at her.

"Hey, you okay?" he said moving closer.

Estefani flinched and moved back, "Liam?"

"Yes? Is something the matter?"

She sighed, "No, I just forgot what happened yesterday wasn't a dream. That's all."

"Oh, really?" he said with disbelief, "You know you don't have to afraid of me. I won't do anything to you."

She got off her bed, "Why do you say that I'm afraid. I'm not afraid of you."

He stepped forward, Estefani quickly moved to her right, away from him. Every step he took forward she took backward until her foot hit her white princess bed frame. Estefani fell in pain, her ankle bleeding.

Liam quickly kneeled beside her. " Let me take a look at it"

Estefani tried to push him away. "Don't touch it!"

Liam's hand hovered near her cut, she could feel the heat radiating from his hand, slowly the blood started evaporating from her skin, her cut skin smoothed and it was as if she never had the cut.

Estefani kept staring at where the cut was located, mesmerized. She looked at him, avoiding eye contact. "Thank you."

"No problem." Giving her a soft smile, Liam said, "Now you should get ready for work or you'll be late."

She hesitated, "Yes, um, you can get food from the refrigerator because now that I know that you're human. I don't think giving you dog food would be very nice."

"No need to worry about me," he said as he walked towards the door and closing it on his way out.

Estefani sighed in relief, looking at her bedroom she quickly went toward the white dresser in front of her bed. She took out the first thing she touched, quickly going to the bathroom to change, then headed out to the kitchen.

"Ready?" she went to grab her shoes from the closet.

"Are you not going to eat?"

"I'll grab something on the way."

He shrugged, a light started radiating from him as he slowly shrank, his pale skin became fur and he was once again a husky. She got his vest but hesitated before putting it on.

At work, Estefani walked quickly to her office trying to avoid people. Her heart pounded faster as she got closer. Once she was safe in her office she closed the door quickly.

She sighed. "Thank goodness"

"What in the world was that?" said a voice.

"Who said that?" she said, looking around.

"What do you mean, who? I did." said the voice. Estefani kept looking around. "Look down."

She did so and all she could see was Liam. "Liam?"

"Finally, I know we've only talked for a certain amount but really. How could you not recognize my voice?" he said

"How are you talking?" She crouched down to his level, "What if someone hears you."