#11 Into the woods

Branch finally reached the bottoming the tower which seemed to last FOREVR!! He caught up to me. I was seated by a small river that ran in the middle of our yard.

"Isn't it beautiful out here?" I ask him and look up to see him staring at the sky.

"It's okay I guess." He scratched his head again.

"I guess?"

"It's pretty much a normal day to me." He said shrugging his shoulders.

"So where should we visit first?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"We could see if we could get something to eat somewhere." He suggested. "I'm pretty hungry."

"Me too." I grabbed my stomach and regretted not eating anything. Branch reached out to grab my hand. I smiled and took it. He helped my to my feet and we set off.

"You can let go now." He said shaking his hand out of my grip. I growled and mimicked him. He didn't seem to notice. I started to figure out that he had no color at all, he was just grey and black. Well, besides his clothes and his blue eyes but still why so grey?

"Were you always this grey?" I asked him randomly. He stopped right where he was. "What?" I peeped.

"No." He answered simply and then kept moving.

"What happened?" I ask curiously trying to keep up with him.

"Something that hurt me very deeply. He said almost sounding weak. "But you wouldn't understand." I became silent when he said that for it was far too dangerous to change the subject. He lead me out of a cave that seemed to be in front of our tower. Outside it were millions and millions of trees taller than the tower itself. The suns rays drooled from in between the leaves. I gasped.

"Wow." I took a step back. "This is so beautiful."

"Come on silly, we gotta hurry to a place before it gets dark." Branch said strangely.

He was mad just a few seconds ago...or sad. I don't know but now he's in a better mood. That's okay, now we can talk. I engage the conversation.

"So.. not to be creepy but, where do you live?" I tagged along behind him.

"Oh I don't really live anywhere, I just come and go." He said cheerfully.

"Oh that's cool!" I sad and looked up at the majestic trees.