A Wolf, A Deer, and A Fiery Little Devil

Author POV

"Team Seven, you'll be working with a squad from day one, if you don't know them, they'll be meeting us here in a bit," Our sensei said.

As if on cue, three kids and their sensei walked up to the roof where squad seven had been waiting to give introductions.

"Hey, Sasuke, long time no see," Akira Ookami smirked, giving her old rival a fist bump.

"Hey, Naruto-kun!" Shika Akiyama smiled.

"Shika-chan, Akira-chan!" Naruto hugged both the girls.

"Hey, get off, you big goofball," Akira said, a playful glint in her eyes.

"Sasuke-kun, hey," Shika smiled weakly.

"Hey, Shika, Tachi," Sasuke greeted.

"Hey, Sasuke, Naruto, how've you guys been?" Tachi Tsuchida asked.

"Hey Tachi-kun!" Sakura smiled.

These six soon to be genin started to talk amongst themselves.

Akira's POV

"Alright, it seems like you all know each other then, why don't you all sit down," our sensei said.

We sat down, I was between Shika and Sasuke.

Shika is my best friend, we're practically sisters. Her violet eyes are always filled with curiosity and wonder of the world, yet behind all of that is a weary kind of knowledge. Her blonde hair fell right in the midst of her back, always neat and orderly, with the ears and tail of a deer. Shika' pretty calm, she's always so sweet and caring, and she can be serious when it comes to fighting. Ever since that day, we've lived together, it was only natural since we've known each other since we were in diapers.

Tachi...he's the sweetest, most caring guy I know, we were all pretty close by the first day of training at the academy. Tachi has the darkest gray eyes, and the dark brown hair that matched up perfectly. Tachi is fairly tall, a bit taller than Sasuke actually, and he's a bit stalky.

Sasuke and I are more or less competitive for the most part, we do have little chats, and we eat together, this is pretty much the only time Shika and I split up, during lunch and sometimes dinner, because of one reason.

She's a vegetarian, and I eat a lot of meat, see, I actually have the embodiment of a wolf spirit in me, and that, combined with being part wolf...well, I like a lot of meat on my plate, and she doesn't really like dead animals on her plate, of course, I could eat other things, like rice and so forth, but I still need meat on the side.

Besides, Shika doesn't like Sasuke at all, every time we meet up, she feels uneasy, and gives off a half-hearted greeting, she says Sasuke seems a bit lonely at times, and that's okay, but she also says he's on a dark path.

At least he doesn't have a demon inside him, like Shika and I do.

Besides, if it's just revenge, it's not a big deal, we all need a bit of that in our lives.

I, on the other hand, don't like Sakura, she's annoying, I can put up with Naruto's energy, but I love them all like they were my brothers and sisters.

Shika's POV

While Kakashi and Hachiro-sensei were explaining how they wanted introductions, and introduced themselves, Kakashi remaining as mysterious as he looks, and Hachiro giving a friendly greeting...but Akira wasn't paying attention, she was zoning out and in deep thought.