Annabeth and Her Books

“Annabeth,” Percy whined as Annabeth read her (very thick) book. “Percy wants attention.”
“Mmh,” Annabeth murmured, eyes glued to the book. “That’s nice, Jason.”
“Jason?!?” Percy whisper shouted (concerned people were staring at his flailing arms). “I’m not Jason! Do I look like Jason?”
“Wow. Interesting. Ask Leo.”
“Annabeth, are you listening to me?”
“No, I’m not hungry. Thanks for asking.” Annabeth replied.
“Grover!” Percy called. The satyr, who was peacefully knawing away at the grass, trotted over to him.
Three… Two… One… Percy signaled with his hands.
He snatched the book out of Annabeth’s hands, who in return looked up with pure shock. Percy tossed it to Grover, and because he didn't have lunch, the goat-man took a big bite out of the cover.
“Percy wants attention,” Percy whined again. “Percy is lonely.”
“Aww, I’m sorry, Percy,” Annabeth cooed and kissed him on the cheek.
Percy smiled.
“Now, can I have my book back?” Annabeth asked.
Grover handed it to her after chewing a few more pages off.
Annabeth wiped off all of the goat drool and started reading again, ignoring the fact that Grover destroyed a perfectly good book.
Percy frowned. “Percy wants more attention.”

And so the saga begins.