Depression and Long Sleeves

Its been a couple months since that incident with Eric. I still hate him, but I'm better now. I smile and people think I'm okay, I do too. I met a really sweet boy named Eli, he has short brown hair he is pale, and a little bit taller then me, he is super funny as well. We started dating a little bit ago. He cared so much about me and I could tell, I cared deeply about him as well. A month ago I started getting depression. A week after that I started cutting my wrists, not to draw attention, but to feel in control of the pain I felt. I didn't completely stop once I met Eli, but I stopped some because he made me so happy. I still had the scars and so I always wore long sleeves. Today me and Eli are going down to the park to hang out. We just laid on the blanket in the grass and looked at the clouds. We decided to sit up, and as we did my sleeve rose up. Eli saw my wrists before I could pull down my sleeve. "How long has this been going on?" he asked me worriedly. "Its been a while now." I replied looking down at the ground. "I knew that you were hurting, but I didn't know it was this bad." he said. "You're gonna leave me now cause of this aren't you?" I said fearing for his answer. "No, I love you and you love me and that's all that matters."  I smiled at his words, but then his words remind me of Eric, "I like you and you like me and that's all that matters." those words that came from Eric's mouth months ago, they made me upset. Eli hugged me, I flinched, but he didn't care he still hugged me. I looked up at him. "I will never leave you Mary, I love you." he kissed me after he said that. I was so happy that I met him.