Years Later

"What people say and do can effect others, it can cause depression, and so many other things. If someone is hurt by words and actions so many times it could lead them to commit suicide. Even if you love them and you care for them so much, it isn't always enough. Even if they get professional help it doesn't make things better. Believe me, years ago I had a girlfriend, and her name was Mary Ellington, she was new to my school. Before I met her she went through some awful things. She became anorexic. She got depression and started cutting her wrists. She cut to try to control the pain she felt inside. She felt like she was losing control. We met and I was so happy with her and she was happy as well. I could tell something was wrong, but not until we went to the park for a date, her sleeve came up that is when I realized how serious her pain was. I got her help. I helped her myself as well. I loved her so much and I made sure to show it. Then some rude girls decided to say some very rude things to her. I told her they were jealous, but she continued to cry. She told me she was going home. She texted me saying she loved me so much and she said sorry that she put me through all of that. I replied to her saying that I loved her so much. I wish I knew what she was going to do. She committed suicide that night. She was dead when her parents found her. The next day there was an announcement about her suicide. I screamed and cried. Then I was called down to the principle's office I was given a note and at the bottom it said I love you, and those were her last words." Eli said in front of the audience he was talking to.