Chapter Ten

Bellamy’s P.O.V

“Bella?” Cornelius’s voice called, scared.

“Agh! You bloody asshole!” I screamed, my head shooting in the direction that the shot had come from. It was the drac that I had shot in the chest. I made a reminder to myself to always shoot them in the head, not the chest. He had taken the advantage by sneaking up on me while my guard was down.

I stormed over to his body a few feet away; shooting him before he even realized what hit him. I bit down on my lip as I put a hand to my shoulder, pulling back. Blood smearing my hand as a sign that I had been shot- that and the unmistakable pain radiating from my shoulder and through my arm.

“Bella?” He called, sounding even more terrified.

“Don’t come out yet,” I instructed. I sighed, scooting over to one of the bodies. I ripped one of the drac’s shirt into long pieces of cloth. I slowly and gingerly stripped one half of my jacket off, wincing in the process. I wrapped the cloth around my shoulder, tying it as tightly as I could manage to put some pressure on it to help the bleeding die down. I put my jacket back on, “Alright, it’s okay now,” I informed, standing up dizzy.

He ran out and hugged my ankle, “Are you alright?” He asked, staring up at me. I forced a smile and nodded.

 “I’m fine… C’mon, let’s get out of here” I picked him up and set him in the front pocket of the strap on my backpack. I slung it over my good shoulder, “At least we have transportation,” I said, walking over to one of the less damaged bikes and climbing on, revving up the engine.

“That’s the rest of the getaway mile,” Cornelius informed me, popping his head up and pointing. I nodded and sped towards it. My shoulder throbbed worse and worse as the minutes passed on. My vision began to blur as black spots danced across my vision and I found myself staring blankly ahead.

I shook my head, turning just in time to get back on track and onto the getaway mile. We headed towards the mountains and after about twenty minutes of speeding, my vision once again blurred, causing the motorcycle to swerve. I jumped and quickly jerked the vehicle back into place, “Bella?” A far away voice said in concern.

I felt the blood pouring from my wound. I couldn’t answer to the voice, my brain was too foggy and it felt like I forgot how to form my words into sentences- whatever a sentence was. Instead, my mouth just hung open. My eyes were locked on the mountain. I have to get to the mountains… I have to get to the… I have to get… I have to…

My vision turned blurry and then went to black.

Cornelius’s P.O.V

I screamed as the motorcycle gave away, sending us tumbling through the sand, so close to the mountains that within a few yards, we’d be able to touch them. Bella’s unconscious body skidded across the getaway mile before coming to an abrupt stop on the opposite side of the road with the vehicle.

I wiggled out of the pocket and hurried over to her. Up close, I noticed blood pooling through her jacket and from her head and nose. Oh no, I thought to myself, trying my best not to panic. I looked around, flailing my arms at my side. I was desperate for help. My eyes skimmed across the land, I could run to Gerard for help. It was a long shot but it was the best idea I could come up with.

“I’ll be back Bells, I promise.”