Chapter 26

Gerard’s P.O.V

“What the hell was that?” I asked, storming back into the front of the diner. Frank, Adele, and Electric stood over one of the booths. They all turned to face me, “She’s awake,” Frank said, surprised himself.

"What the fuck was that?!"I growled storming back into the front part of the diner.

I shot him a hopeful look, pushing my way through the crowd. Dawn was curled up in a tight ball, getting as far away from us as she could. Her hands pressed against her head, her nails digging into her scalp. She had tears running down her face and I felt so scared that the Director might have done something seriously traumatizing to her.

“Dawn?” I gently called her name.

She flinched, not opening her eyes. She only shook her head. I placed a gentle hand on her arm, her head shooting up to look at me. Her lip trembled, “Gerard?”

I smiled, relieved, “Hey,” I whispered, sliding in the booth next to her. She flung her arms around my neck, straddling my waist as she buried her face in the crook of my neck. She held onto me like her life depended on it.

“I can’t believe it actually worked,” she whispered.

“What worked?” I questioned, feeling completely lost.

She just laughed, which sounded slightly hysterical, and just shook her head, holding onto me tighter, “It’s a long story, I’ll tell you later.”

I chuckled, recognizing those words as my own from a while ago, “I love you,” I sighed, relieved to have her back.

“I love you too… don’t you ever leave behind my back again… fucking asshole,” she muttered, making me laugh.

We all carefully observed her for a good couple of hours before we agreed that she was back to normal and not trying to shoot Frank, “How did you do it?” Adele asked, looking perplexed, no one has ever gone in brainwashed and out being normal again.

“Um…” She hesitated, it was obvious that this was a topic she didn’t want to bring up. I held her in my lap, stroking her back. She ran a hand through her awesome purple hair before saying, “Let’s just say I got desperate,” her cheeks turned pink.

“You’re blushing,” I took note, trying to hide a smile.

She hid her face in the crook of my neck, “What the hell did you do?” Frank asked, amused but a look in his eyes said that he thought she did something drastic like kill someone to get back here.

“I… sang a song,” she finally admitted.

“You… sang a song?” Electric asked, clearly thinking that she had lost her mind. But to me, it made perfect sense, I was just waiting for her to elaborate.

Dawn looked serious as she nodded, “What song?” I asked curiously, already knowing. I stared into her beautiful blue eyes, the blush that spread to her cheeks made them stand out even more.

“You should know it, you guys sing it all the time when it’s on the radio,” she continued, extremely embarrassed.

“Na Na Na?” I asked, grinning.

She nodded, fighting back a smile.

“So I’m guessing you figured ‘Welcome To The Black Parade’ out then?”

She nodded again.

I grinned, biting my lip. I did a little dancing movement with my shoulders, swinging my head side to side. The others now looked at me as if I had gone completely crazy, “Long story,” I said, winking up at Dawn.

Adele huffed, rolling her eyes, “Well then Mr. Long Story, what the hell do we do about them?” She demanded, crossing her arms over her chest, looking towards Mikey and Ray.

“I’m not entirely sure yet,” I admitted, the grin falling from my face.

“I remembered they injected us with something… If they had kept injecting us then we’d still be a vamp. So I think that if we waited until the drug wore off and was completely out of their systems, then they should be back to normal,” she shrugged, “I guess it’s kind of like how when the Director wiped my memory, I had to keep taking those pills and once I stopped taking them, then I remembered. Of course I don’t fully remember everything…” she muttered.

I tightened my hold on her, earning me a sad smile, “That could work,” Adele said.

“Wait, I thought you got all your memories back?” The little skeleton jumped on the table.

She shook her head, pain in her eyes, “The Director cleared me of every single memory I had and replaced them with artificial ones. I kind of figured it out when I saw Tori… when I also found out that the woman I was living with wasn’t really my mom,” she shrugged, sighing and looking at her wrists, "And also when I found these without any memory of how or why they had gotten there."

I kissed her neck, "Those you don't need to remember."