Chapter 29

Dawn’s P.O.V

“Gee?” I whispered in the dark. I felt a pair of warm arms wrap around my waist, causing more tears to fall.

“What’s wrong babe?”

I rolled over to face him. He tightened his grip on me, our bodies touching. I rested my face in the crook of his neck, “I… I have to tell you something earlier… about what happened earlier,” I swallowed past the lump in my throat, “Let’s just say that you might want to start calling me Mary,” I half heartedly joked. I had read about the Virgin Mary when I was younger and didn’t understand what a virgin was.

His entire body tensed up, a look of confusion on his face. For the rest of the day I had sat in bed by myself not accepting drinks or food from anyone, not even Gerard. Despite his pleas to talk to him, I stared off into space and ignored everyone and the entire world.

“When Better Living took me and brainwashed me… I don’t know how but they must’ve stuck something in me while I was passed out… earlier Adele made me take a pregnancy test and it came back positive,” I whispered the last part, not looking at him.

“Shit,” he breathed, “C’mere,” he pulled me against his chest, kissing my head and rubbing my back, “They probably made the baby a Destroya.”

“That’s what Adele said. She said that they usually pulled the females from being a vamp and made them birthmothers and raising the kids to be these warriors…”

“We’ll be fine… I promise. I won’t let them touch you or the baby,” he looked down at me and kissed me all over the face, eventually moving to my lips. I laced my fingers through his hair and passionately kissed him, “Gee…” I pulled away, “No one except for the people in this diner can know about the baby once I deliver her… Better Living will do anything to get her back since they created her.”

“Her?” He raised an eyebrow, an amused look on his face.

“I just imagine the baby being a girl,” I shrugged, smiling softly.

He grinned and kissed me quickly, “I agree, they’ll come for her. We’ll say the baby died and we’ll hide her until she’s grown up a little. Then everyone outside of the diner will just think she’s just a random Killjoy that we rescued,” Gerard planned, chewing his lip.

I nodded… that was actually a really good plan. I sighed, snuggling into him, “But… wait… what if I want a boy?” He teased.

“Then that’s too bad for you,” I played with him, tucking the strands of hair behind his ear.

“Either way, she’ll be perfect,” he whispered, kissing me passionately.

Happy tears ran down my face as he wiped each one again, brushing his lips against my cheeks. He tugged my shirt halfway up to my bra and placed a warm hand to my stomach, feeling my slightly raised baby bump that I’d never noticed before, “So, Mary,” he teased even further, “What are you going to name her?” He whispered, rubbing my stomach with his thumb.

I grinned, biting my lip and staring up at his beautiful hazel eyes, “Missile Kid.”

“God I fucking love you,” he breathed.

“I love you too, Geebear.”