chapter three | chloe

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀" How was your day sweetie? " My Mom chirps as I plunk myself onto our soft sofa

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀" How was your day sweetie? " My Mom chirps as I plunk myself onto our soft sofa.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀" Is that an actual question? "
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀the scent of a freshly cooked meal is lingering in the air. My mom is the best cook.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀" Is that Maddie girl still giving you crap? " she asks.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀" Yep " I reply, short and simple. She comes and sits down next to me. " You wanna talk about it? " I turn to face her. My eyes are filled with water and soon enough the tears start pouring out. I nod.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀***
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We talk for a while, about everything. That's the best thing about my Mom. She always makes me feel better, always makes me smile. We embrace in a hug and I feel her stroke my hair.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀" You know honey, sometimes the cruelest people, the ones who hurt us the most are actually the ones who are in a lot of pain themselves, they're also hurting."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I pull away from our hug and stare at her confused.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀" Maddie Ziegler, hurting? That's funny, she's nothing but perfect. "
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My mothers brows furrow and she looks concentrated.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀" What are you thinking about? " I ask.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀" Nothing, it's just her last name it's-" she stops for a second and looks at me. "You know what it doesn't matter."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then suddenly Clara, my little sister comes running down the stairs.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀" Chloeeee " she squeals. "Clara!" I stand up and grab her, spinning her around before pulling her into a hug. "I missed you" she smiles. "I was only gone a few hours" I laugh.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I know, but I love you."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
[a/n I just realised my chapters are so short oml lmao]