chapter four | maddie

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀An uneasy sense stumbles upon me as I step out of my car and begin to make my way to the doors of my house

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀An uneasy sense stumbles upon me as I step out of my car and begin to make my way to the doors of my house. The brisk Autumn breeze has fallen icy cold and the bright sky has turned grey. The warming setting is now frozen and unpleasant and the calming sounds of birds chirping has become nonexistent.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀As I place my hand on the door handel I get chills up my spine. I know what is awaiting inside. I carefully open the door, trying not to make too much of a noise. I walk into my house as softy as I can.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"There you are." A voice like a snake speaks.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I turn around to face the subject, the voice. My step father.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"You're a bit late don't you think." He gruffs.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What time do you call this!?"
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀His beady eyes pierce into me. I look down at his hand and see a bottle of whiskey, firm in his grip.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I'm- I'm sorry, I promise it won't happ-"
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I'm cut off by him grabbing me by the collar of my shirt and pulling me towards his face.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"An apology isn't enough!" He grunts, the sickening smell of alcohol escaping his mouth. "You need to be taught a lesson."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And with that he throws me down and I hit the ground, hard. He repeatedly kicks me and beats me before throwing me against a wall. I'm screaming, begging him to stop. But he won't. I'm helpless, there's nothing I can do. I give up, I stop screaming and yelling. I allow him to keep on hitting me and hurting me until he has eventually had enough.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Now make me some dinner, damn it!" He growls as he walks away and sits back down. I don't move. I just sit there, numbly. Letting tears escape my bruised eyes and run down my battered cheeks.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
[a/n OMG I'M THE MOST LAZY PERSON EVER LMAO, I AM SO SORRY I HAVE SO MANY PRE WRITTEN CHAPTERS BUT I'VE BEEM TOO LAZY TO POST THEM AHAHA SORRY 😂]