chapter seven | chloe

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Tears are still flowing down my cheeks as I rushingly open the door to my house

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Tears are still flowing down my cheeks as I rushingly open the door to my house. I hadn't been to class all day. I had just simply sat in the school bathrooms, watching my tears create a puddle of water on the dirty floor. I hate Maddie. I really hate her, every bit of her. How could someone be this cruel, what could drive them to do this, other than pure evil.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I slammed the door and begin to walk up the stairs, towards my bedroom. I don't bother to acknowledge my mother. "Chlo, is that you?" I hear my moms voice, but I don't reply. Then I feel someone grip my wrist. I yelp in pain from the fresh scars. I turn to face my mom. My bottom lip quivers. My mom gasps, "Chloe, what happened to you?" That's when she looks down and sees them. "Oh my god." She looks up at me and my tear stained face.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Neither of us say anything, we just stare at each other for a moment, before she pulls me into a hug and I begin to cry into her shoulder. She brushes my head. "Shh Chlo, it'll be okay." I continue to cry. We stay like this for a while. "It's her again mom" I whimper, "Maddie."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What did she do?" She asks, pulling away from the hug. We sat down on the stairs and she put her arm around me. "She was so much harsher today" I chock, through tears. My mom rubs my shoulders. "She told me to kill myself" I manage to finally get out. My mother freezes and looks at me for a while before shaking her head. "Look, hey don't listen to her, and most certainly do not hurt yourself over her" she speaks, while looking down at my battered wrists.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Don't let her win, don't let her see you cry, or hurt, okay. Make her wonder why you're still smiling."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I gave her a weak smile and nodded. "I hate seeing you like this, seeing what's she's doing to you, watching her break you, watching you break. I don't want you to break, god, I really don't want you to break." She sighs. "I've watched someone slowly fall apart. Break. My old best friend. Once her husband passed she sunk. She gave up everything, including the bakery which she gave to us. She broke."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What happened to her?" I ask. "I don't know. She moved away somewhere, cut off all tabs with anyone she ever knew. I haven't seen her since." She shook her head. "But anyway that's not the point, the point is I don't want to see that happen to you. I don't want to see that happen to you. I don't want to watch you fall apart and break. I can't watch that, not again."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Seconds of silence pass then I speak, "okay" I smile. "I'll just make Maddie wonder why the hell I'm still smiling."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
[a/n OML DONT KILL ME HAHAHA I KNOW I HAVEN'T POSTED IN FOREVER OOPS ]