chapter fourteen | chloe (last chapter)

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What the hell" I murmur to myself as I crawl out of bed

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What the hell" I murmur to myself as I crawl out of bed. What is all that noise coming from downstairs? I open my bedroom door and begin to walk down the hall, towards the stairs. I rub my eyes as I am still drowsy and half asleep. I reach the stairs and begin to walk down, but I stop in my tracks half way.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My mouth drops as I stare at the person I most least expected to ever see sitting on my sofa. Maddie Ziegler. She's crying and talking to my Mom. For some reason my Mom looks like she's crying too. She hugs her tight, then stands up and grabs the phone. I still haven't moved.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I can't hear exactly what she's saying but I can make it out. She sounds like she's on the phone to 911.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀That's when Maddie turns her head to the side and sees me. I gasp, I hadn't realised before but she's covered in blood and bruises. She looks into my eyes, but instead of her usual icy stare, her eyes are soft and sorry. She looks upset, hurt. A stray tear runs down her face. "I'm so sorry" she mouths.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I walk down the stairs, still in shock and sit by her. "Maddie?" She begins to break down. "I'm- I'm so, so sorry" she chokes through tears. "You didn't deserve everything that I did to you."  She loojs at me. "What happened to you?" I ask. She bits her lip, tears dripping down her face. "My step dad" she sniffs . "Look, I know that there is no excuse for what I did to you and- and you don't have to forgive me, and I totally understand if you don't, and if you never want to see me again, but I- I want you to know that I think you're really amazing Chloe." She smiles through her sobs. "I was just jealous, jealous of you having the perfect life and a loving family, the family I had always dreamed for. I was angry and I took out on you and I shouldn't have. I know that know, and I'm so, so sorry." I look at her, she's helpless, broken, I don't want to, but I can't help but feel bad for her, even after everything she has done to me. I put my hand on her arm and smile. "It's okay, I forgive you."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀[ end of story ]

[a/n YAYAYAYA IT'S FINISHED! ]