chapter five | chloe

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀{ trigger warning ⚠️ }⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I arrive at school early, but not too early

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀{ trigger warning ⚠️ }
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I arrive at school early, but not too early. Just hopefully early enough so that Maddie wouldn't of arrived yet. The schools corridors are somewhat isolated, there are a few kids here and there, but other than that it's empty. I smile to myself, looks like I'm not getting humiliated this morning.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀A couple of minutes pass and it's not long before kids start to pour in through the school doors. I rush to the bathroom, not wanting to run into Maddie and her friends. I open a cubical door and stand inside. I let out a sigh of relief. If I stay in here until the bell rings there is no way I can run into Maddie, right?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀'RING'
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The bell chatters. I smile, I had successfully avoided her. Or so I thought.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I open the cubical door and jump. Standing in front of the bathroom mirror is Maddie Ziegler, Kendall Vertes and Brynn Rumfallo. I watch as Maddie's eyes find me in the reflection of the mirror. She smiles slyly as she finishes applying her soft pink lipstick.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It seems as if my legs have turned to wax, melting away, hindering me from moving. Maddie slowly turns around, with that sick smile still plastered on her face.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Well, well, well girls, look who it is." Her voice is sharp, piercing.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Kendall and Brynn snicker and the three of them look at each other and smile.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What are you doing here Chloe?" Maddie harshly speaks.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I don't move or say a word, I just simply stare at them. I'm too afraid to do anything.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Well?" Maddie's voice is somewhat sweeter this time, but yet still made me feel sick to my stomach. I shake my head and look down.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I- I just had to go to the bathroom." My voice is so quiet, it's almost a whisper. Maddie chuckles, sending chills up my spine.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Oh Chloe. Little Chlo bird" her voice is sour. "Why don't you fly away?" She smiles. "Fly back to where you belong."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I furrow my brows, confused. What is she talking about?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What?" I reply, "fly where?"
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"To where you belong." She begins to walk towards me as she speaks.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"And where is that?" I ask perplexed.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She's very close to me now, only a few inches away. And suddenly her sweet smile turns bitterly sour.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"To hell!" She yells, making me jump. "That's where you belong freak."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She continues to walk forward, forcing me to walk back.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Nobody gives a shit about you! So go fly your way all the way down to hell!"
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Her words are biting at me. I hit the corner of the room, unable to walk back any further. She continues to walk closer and closer toward me, I'm shaking now.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Nobody wants you here, and most certainly nobody would miss you." She grimaces. "So do us all a favour and kill yourself."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I gasp and tears begin to fall down my cheeks, as her words cut deep into me. Maddie may of said a few harsh words before, but she has never gone that far.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Aw, don't cry Chloe." She smiled sickly. "Nobody else will be when you're dead!" And with that the trio walked out the room, leaving me alone. I open the door to a cubicle and slide down the wall onto the dirty floor. Tears drip down my face. I quickly search through my bag, the tears still seeping. Then I find what I'm looking for. I stare at it, the sliver object for a few seconds. I promised myself I would never go back to this, but it was too late. I had already made a slit across my wrist. I watched the hateful red liquid slowly ooze out and then continued to make a few more marks.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀They were deep. But not too deep. Not deep enough to kill me. Just deep enough. Deep enough to make the pain go away. Maybe not forever, but at least for now.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
[a/n aw poor chlo]