Chapter 13 - Date Pt. 1

*One Week and One Hour Later*

Tsukiyama's POV

I have figured out the perfect place for mine and Kaneki's date. And no, it's not a bookstore or coffee shop. It's at a park

Now before you say it's kind of weird, let me explain. I really want to apologize for the last date by taking him somewhere peaceful. What's more peaceful than a park at night? No one is there to disturb us.

Plus, at the one I plan to take him to, there are no ghoul investigators in nearby. That will put both of us at ease so we can actually relax.

.........

"Kaneki, don't you think you should start getting ready for our date?" I ask him as he reads one of Sen Takasuki's books. He looks away from it and at me. "Yeah, I guess," he replies.

"Come on, it'll be worth it~"

Ken gives me a playful look before setting his book down and standing up. He walks off to his bedroom. "Don't wear anything fancy! Wear something casual!" I call after him.

I sit on the couch and wait patiently. I can't wait for our date! Contain yourself, Shuu. Stay even keeled. Stay in character.

Finally, after what seems to be an eternity, Kaneki comes downstairs. "You look excellent," I say to him as I walk up to him. "Th-Thank you," he replies shyly. I bend down slightly and peck his lips. He hasn't let me do it in awhile. He's probably punishing me or himself.

I wish he didn't always beat himself up. He shouldn't worry! I'm usually fine after an apology. Most other people are too. If they're not, they never needed to be in his life in the first place.

"Um, Tsukiyama?" Kaneki says, snapping me back into reality. "Yes?" I reply. "Are we going to leave?" He asks. I nod, "Yeah, sorry that I zoned out." "It's fine," he reassures me. Usually I'm the one reassuring him.

I open the door for him. "After you," I say. Ken blushes lightly, "Thank you." He steps out. I follow him after closing the door behind me. I can't wait to see his face when I show him where our date is!

(A/N: Another short one, sorry. I want to put the date in Kaneki's POV and I refuse to switch POVs in one chapter. And I'm sure I've already done that..... Anyways, comment ideas on what I should write after the date! And no, I won't write smut, sorry. Bye!)

Video Above: 5 Seconds of Summer - She Looks So Perfect (Lyric Video)
Video By: 5SOSVEVO