2

(---)'S POV

We sat together for a good 10 minutes before Alessa and Alethea came climbing up the rocks from behind us. I smiled at them as they noticed me and grinned, their matching ginger hair blowing in the ocean breeze.

They came running over and embraced me at the same time, and the sisters grinned at each other as they pulled away from me.

"Alessa! Alethea! How are you?" I asked them, playing with my long hair.

"We're fine, how are you?" They said at the same time. I shuddered.

"I'm fine, but please, no creepy twin talk?" They smirked at me and nodded at the same time.

"So, hows Scylla?" Alessa asked me.

"She's fine, waiting for a ship. I wanted to see you guys before heading back to tell her about that one." I said, pointing out at the ever growing closer boat.

"Wow, that's close. How long has it been coming do you know?" Alethea asked, squinting from the setting sun.

"Not long. We know it's full of Demigods, it's a lot quicker than most. So
The sea seems to think it's a battle ship, and I think there may be a child of Poseidon on there. It's going a lot faster than we anticipated." I spoke quickly and sharply.

"Well Darling, you go tell Scylla and Charybdis. We'll see you later." Alessa told me.

"You sure? I don't want to miss your face when all the demigods swim to you." I joked.

"We're only doing our job." Alena said pointedly.

"Is that her?" I heard a shout from below and I sighed and closed my eyes, falling back to lay on the rock. Aspasia looked at me in sympathy as I opened my eyes and groaned.

"Yes Pisinoe. It is." Alethea shouted down.

"Bring her to us." Aglaope added. I ran my fingers through my hair and let out a breath I had been holding before standing and treading along the rocks gently with my bare feet.

When I reached the cave in which the big 3 were sat, I knelt down and bowed my head.

"Stand girl." Thelxiepi demanded. I stood.

"What are you doing here?" Pisinoe asked.

"I came to visit, and to warn you of an oncoming ship. It's moving extremely fast, and I believe it to be a crew of Demigods." I muttered, looking down at my feet.

"Aglaope, go and see if what she says is true." Pisinoe told the woman next to her. Aglaope stood wearily and left the cave, which left Pisinoe and Thelxiepi sat in front of me.

"If you wouldn't mind, I need to warn Scylla and Charybdis. May I be excused?" I asked, shuffling my feet.

"Fine. But come here again, I will be even more annoyed. Do you understand?" Pisinoe glared at me.

I nodded silently.

"Go." Thelxiepi told me and I rushed out of the cave.

As I reached the top of Sirenum Scopuli I stared out at the ship. It was even closer.

As I began to climb down, my 4 friends came running up to the edge of the rocks.

"Wait! Darling!" Alessa and Alethea both yelled. I waited. As they leaned over to look down at me I stared into the 4 sirens matching sky blue eyes.

"I've always wondered why your eyes are SKY blue..." I spoke quietly.

"We may be sea creatures, but we are half bird. Our true home, is the sky." Alena spoke wisely. I nodded. My eyes were sea green. The ocean was my home.

"We'll see you tomorrow, won't we?" Aspasia asked worriedly. I nodded and smiled.

"Don't we always? Don't listen to those old hags, they're not going to do anything if I come back. See you tomorrow girls." I said, then I dropped.

I let go of the rocks and went plunging into the sea feet first. I held my breath for a second, then opened my mouth and let oxygen fill my lungs.

The water swirled my hair around me so I looked like I was surrounded in a cloud of oil, and I brushed it back as well as I could considering I was underwater. I swam to the sea bed and I touched a small clam shell.

My legs elongated and joined together before sprouting scales and fins. My red and blue tail flicked so I was upright and I took a second to get used to the weight again.

My mythical mermaid form was very hard to keep up, the mist was the only thing keeping it alive, but I needed it for swimming to Scylla, because a tail is the only thing strong enough to survive Charybdis, and her whirlpool is almost always active. 

I started swimming. As I reached the halfway point I swam to the surface to get a good pinpoint on the ship and was surprised to see it was almost at Sirenum Scopuli. I sank back under the water and kept going. I needed to be fast.

As I reached Charybdis, the whirlpool pushed through the water around me and I kept on going through it to reach her. I finally reached her mouth, and I swam to the seabed.

"Charybdis. There is a ship fast approaching. I am about to warn Scylla. Last I checked it was almost at Sirenum Scopuli, and it is moving as though it has a child of Poseidon aboard." Charybdis belched to show she had understood, and I swam to the surface.

The ship was wobbling dangerously in the waters by the sirens, whether they had thought to plug their ears I did not know, but like Alena had said, they were only doing their jobs.

I began swimming to Scylla's cave. As I reached the rocks, I touched a small clam shell stuck to a small dent in the wall, and my tails slowly broke in two. I flexed my toes and my muscles, before placing one foot onto the rocks in front of me and beginning my climb.