5

(---)'S POV

My eyes flickered open and I looked around at my surroundings. I was tied to a mast on the Trireme that had gone past the Sirens and Scylla earlier.

I blinked as my memory's flooded back. I had been watching Scylla snap up soldiers before accidentally snapping up a automaton. I had spotted the child of Poseidon, (I assumed) quickly threw himself to the floor.

Scylla had tried to loose the automaton, but in swinging it about, knocked me out of the cave, and I had hit the deck of the ship. The Poseidon spawn had stood, and I'll make this clear.

HE ADVANCED FIRST.

Whether it was to attack or not was not my concern, but he had taken a step towards me and my instincts had kicked in.

I remember attacking him, and then being attacked from behind. I remember flipping a girl with bright red hair, similar to Alethea and Alessa, but brighter, not quite natural, and I remember being tripped by a boy with curly brown hair, and slight smudges of something black on him.

I believe it was oil. I don't like oil, it destroys. I remember him saying something in a different language, I didn't understand it, before everything faded out for me.

Wait, I remember he definitely said buttocks. Or was that in Greek? I was so confused. I shook my head and looked at the crew of the ship as they conversed at the helm of the ship.

I had always wondered what it was like to be on a ship, instead of sinking it, but I didn't expect it to be like this. The boy I had attacked first turned and looked at me, his green eyes shone like the sea.

He was definitely a son of Poseidon. His black hair was messy and unruly, but loose and wavy as well. Next to him was a girl with blonde hair, and stormy grey eyes. They said something to the others and they all turned around.

There was a girl with caramel skin and frizzy brown hair, and also a girl with short choppy hair, and eyes that were indescribable. They were like nothing I had ever seen.

A boy with blonde hair and blue eyes donned a pair of golden frames around his eyes, with some small pieces of glass in them,and he was stood next to a tall boy, with short brown hair, who looked to be of Chinese origin.

The boy with curly brown hair who had called me something like a chicken? Was stood next to a satyr with curly black hair and a rasta cap. A pair of Reed pipes hung round his neck, and his arm was around a girl with pale green skin, light brown hair and a scared look on her face.

I had heard of Dryads, but never seen one. They were woodland spirits. I lived in the ocean, it makes sense I wouldn't have seen one. I turned to the girl I had flipped. She had amber eyes and her hair was fiery. She had a black headband twisting round her sloppy bun and was glaring at me.

Next to her was another Dryad I suppose. She was smiling brightly and had pale green skin also, with dark green hair and a headband made of Roses. They began to walk over.

They reached the mast and stared me down as I stared back at them challengingly.

"Why the hell did you call me Chicken?" I blurted out, turning to the boy with curly hair.

"Chicken? No no, I called you Chica. You know, Spanish? Girl, babe." He smirked. "Sexy lady." I spat in his eye.

He stumbled backwards and wiped his face furiously. The girl with red hair pulled out a small piece of fabric and handed it to him, and he wiped his eye.

"Jeez woman, no need. No need. I was joking, I have a girl you know." He told me, a look of disbelief on his face.

"Who are you?" The son of Poseidon commanded.

"Why should I tell you, Sea Spawn!" I snarled at him.

"How did you know?" Annabeth asked. I scoffed.

"I'm a ward of the sea, I could make him bow to me if I wanted."

"My father wouldn't allow that." He said cautiously.

"Ha! I control your father! If I die, Charybdis would spiral out of control and consume the world!" Ok, I may have exaggerated a little. She would actually only swallow Sirenum Scopuli. "And imagine Scylla! She'd go crazy! Snapping up anything living!"

They all looked at each other.

"She does that anyway, doesn't she?" The boy with blonde hair asked nervously.

"No! If she snapped up EVERYTHING living, nothing would be on this earth anymore! And what is on your face?" I said, unable to stop the last part.

"What? Nothing?" He said, instinctively wiping his cheek.

"The gold things."

"These? They're glasses. You know, they help you see better if you can't see properly." He told me. I didn't recognise the words.

"Whatever." I snarled. "Take me back!" The girl with choppy hair scoffed.

"As if. You were about to be eaten!" I rolled my eyes.

"Scylla wouldn't eat me, she gets angry enough if the big three try to kill me." I told them. My eyes went wide and I clamped my mouth shut. I had already told them way too much.

"The big three? Zeus, Poseidon, Hades?" The tall one said. I shook my head. I looked at the rose girl again.

I started to giggle. The crew all looked at each other in confusion.

"What's funny?" The one whom I spat at asked, still scrubbing his eye. The spit was long gone, but I guessed he found it disgusting.

"Her smile, it's infectious." I managed to squeeze out in between my laughs.

"See." The girl turned to the one with red hair, who rolled her eyes and slumped her shoulders. "Told you smiles were infectious, Jesse."

"Jesse? That's your name? Jesse." I said, rolling it around in my mouth.

"I'm Percy, this is Annabeth, Frank, Jason." The sea spawn said, pointing first at the blonde girl, then the tall boy, then the one with, glasses, did he call them?

"Jesse, Percy, Annabeth, Frank, Jason..." I said, paying with the names.

"Piper, Hazel, Leo. Then that's Grover, Juniper, and Rose." Sea spawn said again, pointing out choppy hair, then frizzy hair, rasta cap, scaredy cat, then smiley girl.

I thought about the names in my head.

"You all have such simple names! Only Annabeth is nice." I told them. "Percy would be better if it were Perseus. He was a great hero, Aspasia told me the tales..." I spoke lightly.

"My full name is Perseus." I looked up in surprise. "Not that one though." I sighed.

"What's your name?" Frizz- No, Hazel, asked me gently.

"I don't have one." I said quietly. They all looked at each other.

"Who's Aspasia?" The- Jesse asked, still glaring. I realised what I had done.

"None of your business! Now take me back!" I growled, writhing about in my bindings. I stopped for a second, and sagged forwards, giving up for a moment of rest.

I hadn't realised, but I was tired. Very tired. I let my eyes close so I could rest.