Part 8 - Wiping off the Dirt

**Rythian’s Point of View**

  “Thank you, Nick,” I concluded, turning and walking away from the doctor. He had just finished explaining everything to me. As it happened, Kim had encountered an extreme anxiety attack that day. It turned out that Duncan had done the best thing for her. If he hadn’t done what he did, the girl would have surely died. Now, it stood with time. Doctor Nick wasn’t sure whether she would die or not. I sighed as I closed the hospital door gently behind me and stated to walk back to my base.

  Thirty seconds hadn’t passed before I could see the scientist in my peripheral vision. As I turned to him, he grasped his hand firmly around my neck and threw me into the nearest wall. The villagers close by quickly crowded, becoming our audience.

  “Duncan, what the hell?” I choked out the question, my eyes wide.

  “Dean, why did you kill him?” he screamed back into my face, a livid expression growing on his face.

  Dean, how did he remember? “Who is Dean?” I covered my lie suspiciously.

  “Oh, I’m sure you know exactly who I am talking about, mage,” he said, pushing viciously on my neck as he emphasized certain words.

  I was now unable to answer under the pressure, but I could recall the moments.

  “Now, if you opt to say a damn thing to that girlfriend of yours, you will pay. Do you understand?” I said to Dean Sherwood, the man that was my arch enemy.

  The brunette nodded vigorously, tears falling from his eyes. I felt no pity on him: not after what he did to me. At least five years ago, the man pinned against the wall in front of me had an evil side to him. Without even hesitating, he gave me the inner powers of the Ender just with a blade; the Enderbane. He ruined everything I had: my family, my relationships, and the rest of my life. It was he who made me the monster I was and bound me to a life of loneliness.

  Taking my hand off his chest, he breathed out with a cough and held his left wrist. He fell onto the concrete below us, and sobbed. “Rythian, stop this. I will help you out of your body. You don’t have to live this way anymore,” he pleaded, not taking his eyes of the cut on his forearm.

  I laughed, which sounded more like a long passing of air from my lungs. “After what you did, I don’t need you to fix it. All you need…” I paused for a few moments as he took in another quick breath beneath his tears. “Is to go to Hell.”

  Sometimes, I regretted my decisions to hurt Dean. But then I just reminded myself of what he did to me.

  “What are you thinking?” the scientist cried out at the same volume, realizing I was lost in a daydream.

  “Yes,” I said. “I killed Dean.”

  “I knew it,” he rolled his eyes and turned his head to my left.

  “And I’m not ashamed of it,” I explained.

  He shot me a glare of angered nature. “He had a wedding a day away,” Lalna defended, throwing his hand back behind him.

  “He deserved everything I gave him,” my voice was as the devil.

  “Really, and what made him deserve it?”

  I didn’t respond, and ran off from the scene, pushing everyone out of the way. For the next few moments, I couldn’t believe what I had done. And then I soon forgot that accusation, knowing that Dean truly changed my life in a negative way, and no one could change me now.

**Duncan’s Point of View**

  Oh no you don’t, mage… I thought, striding quickly through the crowd after him. Before I got far, a man put his hand out in front of me and pushed me to the ground: back to center stage.

  “Run, Rythian,” he screamed after him, bending down to me to keep me down.

  “Who the hell do you think you are?” I screamed at him, bringing my hand up to take him out.

  “He still needs to find Zoey,” he defended, still holding me down with a firm hand even though I had already hit him hard in the cheek.

  “He needs to forget her! Love doesn’t last forever!”

  A collective gasp came from the audience. It was true, and I had to say it. Realizing the pain I inflicted, I gave a devilish smile and tossed the villager off of me. He was weak from the shocking comment I had made.

  “If you don’t mind, sir, I have a battle to finish.” I got up and walked further, but just as I was about to enter the congregation, the man pulled me to the ground by grabbing my ankle. As I hit the sandstone, my face dragged on the yellowish stone and scraped my visage. I groaned and turned back over to look at him as he got up.

  He put his foot on my pained chest. “Who is that girl in the hospital?”

  I coughed. “My apprentice.”

  “Interesting, are you two close?” his question was clear to me. I knew he was going to make a point on me, and I was too weak to disagree. “Well, that’s how Zoey and Rythian are. You think love doesn’t last forever? Look at yourself in the mirror once in a while.”

  “I should say the same to you. What‘s your name?” I smiled, still in pain.

  “Phoenix.”

  “Ah, Phoenix. You’ll be the first one to die when I finish with Rythian. No one defies me and gets away with it,” I said with a vicious tone. “Anyone else want to say something?”

  No one said anything.

  “That’s what I thought. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got a mage to catch.”

Author's Note

So this is out quick! I had these two chapter written, but wanted to save the first one to see how I finished it off with the next chapter! I hope you all liked it, and as for all of those wondering whether Kim lives or dies... you'll just have to wait like everyone else. (Sorry Lindsey, I heard...)

If you like books and fan fictions and the Yogscast, try some of these great books:

~GingerW0lf's 'Bound to Science'

~ukulelegirl6's 'A Scarecrow's Revenge'

~GingerW0lf's and ukulelegirl6's 'Alliance'

So happy that you all are still reading, and I hope you'll comment your thoughts if you have a minute.

>>Reissen-Melena<<