Part 11 - Castles Don't Always House Princesses

**Zoey’s Point of View**

  It was the place I knew best. In that place, nothing was impossible. I was well respected, believed in; looked up to. Why had I left? Oh, right: I was afraid. Fear, was that the reason I did a lot of things? I closed my eyes and stopped walking just as I met the sandstone walkway. Moments later, they blinked back open. The hospital was only steps away.

  “Zoey!” Kim’s voice rang from behind me. I turned back to her.

  A tear balanced on the lower lid of my eye as I smiled. “I can’t do it.”

  Her expression met surprise. “Wait, what?”

  “I can’t face him again,” I began. “Whether Rythian is dead or not, I still feel like he’s right here.” My hand rested upon the center of my chest.

  “He can rest in peace if you just say you’re sorry,” Kim explained the hardest truth to me. I knew that was true, but I had not had the chance to admit it. My new found friend made a great point, and it couldn’t be ignored.

  I outstretched my arms and wrapped them around her. She returned it to me, nestling her chin into my shoulder. “Will you help me out, Kim?”

  The black-haired apprentice paused for several seconds. “Of course I will, Zoey.”

**Rythian’s Point of View**

  Yeah, she knew everything. Likewise her childish appearance, she had the brain of a forty-year-old male. “Where did you learn all this?” I asked.

  “Are you kidding?” she gave me an ashamed look as she stopped me in front of a large of castle doors. I still listened to what she said, but took a gander at the visage of the monstrosity. “Her Highness tells me everything! I’m the only creature here she trusts!”

  “Wait,” I glanced back at her. “Will she trust me?”

  Tyyne pushed me through the doors the second the gap between them was large enough for me to fit though. “Oh, most certainly not. She hates you.”

  I attempted to run back to Tynne’s side. “Will she hurt me?”

  “Probably.”

  Seconds later, I stood a thick, stone door away from my newly acquired family member. Tyyne was all I had, and she would soon lose me if the Queen laid eyes on me. Wind blew through the long and dank corridor, so there must have been an opening somewhere: but where?

  “Rythian Enderborn?” a low, male voice questioned. I looked around to find its source. “Yes, it is him, men. Get him!” Before I could protest, two strong arms held me around the elbows. I screamed for them to let me go, but the same man from before only spoke. “Oh, Her Majesty will have fun with this one.”

  “Where are you taking me?!” I screamed, wresting against my restrainers.

  “Do you want to make this harder than it is?” he inquired, bringing himself close to me. The ugly face of the creature mixed perfectly with his terrible breath.

  I cringed at it. “I demand to know where you are taking me!”

  “You’ll find out soon enough. In the meantime, Isidorus,” he called to one of his minions, I guessed. “Shut him up.”

  My heart began pulsing from my chest. An arm wrapped around my neck, choking me, and a leather-gloved hand muffled my screams of pain and distress. I cried out Tyyne’s name several times, screamed for help, and thought to myself to wake up from this nightmare.