Part 13 - One Lost, Always Lost

**Rythian’s Point of View**

  Shook awake, I could barely see her. I could only tell she was female by her blur of hair falling in front of her.

  “Rythian,” the girl said with the same five-year-old tone. “Rythian, we need to get out of here.”

  I groaned for a few seconds before asking Tyyne what had happened. She answered my question, telling me the Queen of the End had me put in a cell. Tyyne also mentioned how important it was that we both got out before anyone knew.

  “Wait, slow down,” I said, moving a couple inches before I was restricted to go any further.

  “You are chained to a wall!” Tyyne lifted her voice only enough to get her point across to me.

  “Like I couldn’t figure that out myself!” I growled, pulling my hand forward to check the toughness of the chain.

  Before I could do much to help myself, I turned my head to Tyyne and received a slap in the left cheek. “Get it together, traitor!”

  “Traitor, is that what you think of me?” I stood up to measure taller than her and went to attempt a fight. It was one ended.

  “That’s what everyone thinks! No one would if you hadn’t left us behind, dammit!”

  “How old are you, again?”

  That was the last bit of self-control she had. When she took hold of my shirt, I basically picked her up off the floor when I straightened up.

  “If I was actually seventeen, I would kick your ass!”

  “Shh, keep your voice down!” I whispered.

  “Great idea!” she exclaimed. “For five minutes ago!”

  “Indeed it would be, Tyyne.”

  My cousin’s back went stiff when she heard the voice of the Queen behind her. I smiled at her face, but quickly straightened it when I realized the trouble I was in.

  She smirked at me. “Oh, you are a wonder, aren’t you?” As Her Majesty opened the cell door, I lunged toward it. She laughed at my failed attempt. “A prize indeed.”

  “Let me go!” I cried.

  “Shh!” The Queen proceeded to grab my face as if she was my grandmother. “Such a beautiful young man. You must have had quite the life ahead of you!”

  One of her many long fingernails dug into the side of my face, probably leaving a large, red mark.

  “Tyyne, would you leave us for a few minutes?” she asked, not taking her eyes off of me.

  “Are you mad!?” Tyyne protested. “You’ll kill him!”

  “Then so be it. You won’t mind being the only family left, will you?”

  Tyyne contorted her face for a moment, then left the room. She obviously did not want that to happen, but there was not a choice. She only glanced back for a second to find the look of pure terror meet my face for her to see. Her head shook side to side slowly as her existence left my view.

  “Where did you get it?” the dragon asked, pulling me by the collar of my shirt towards her.

  “I already told you,” I screamed. “I have no idea!”

  “Pesky as your parents…”

  “What was that?” I questioned, narrowing my eyes.

  “Oh, pardon me. Did I say that out loud?”