Part 14 - Void

**Tyyne’s Point of View**

  “Will you leave us a minute, Tyyne?” I muttered under my breath, imitating the Queen.

  One of the guards gave me a low stare. “Is there a problem, miss?”

  “I’m… fine…” I replied, annoyed.

  As I continued down the hallway, he spoke again. His hand was on my shoulder this time. “Where are you headed?”

  “The—“ I was almost ready to finish my sentence when a long, loud, agonizing cry echoed down the bare, obsidian corridor. “Rythian,” I murmured.

  The guard looked into my eyes for a moment, watching me getting ready to sprint back to the cell. As I stepped out with my right foot, he wrapped his arm around my twig of a waist and pulled me close to him. I screamed as he threw his hand over my mouth. The problem with being stuck at five years old is that you cannot really fight back when you really need to. I attempted to struggle, but as I said, that is impossible. The man carried me far away from Rythian, bringing me to a different dungeon wing of the extensive castle. I shouted cusses through his hand that would be unheard of by just any five-year-old.

  “Shut your mouth, will you?” The brunette ordered, throwing me to the floor inside the cell. I lunged at him, letting out a cry. He slammed the cell door just before I got to him. “I can’t believe the Queen chose you as her trusted advisor, because you care too much for that Enderborn. Maybe you two can run off into the sunset in another life.” He ended his sentence with a spit, which landed just below my lips.

  “I demand you let me go! The Queen will hear about this, and she will not be pleased with you!”

  “How old are you, again?” His last question left me infuriated.

  I threw myself at the far side of the cell. The rage inside my head had me throwing myself at every wall, slamming myself against the stone walls. My tantrum continued for several minutes before the same guard came back to the cell, followed by another. One, the defender I hadn’t seen yet today, unlocked the cell, and the first grabbed me by the elbow and dragged me out into the hallway.

  He walked me down the hallway, saying: “I spoke to the Queen. She said she was getting tired of all of your actions lately. She wants me to let you know that you are fired and we were instructed to throw you into the void.”

  My heart seemed to stop beating as I swallowed. I cleared my throat. “The—erm—void?”

**Rythian’s Point of View**

  By then, I was broken down. There were tears running out of both eyes as the truth poured out of the Queen’s mouth. She seemed satisfied with herself. With every word, her smile grew wider and wider. With every word, I grew smaller and smaller.

  “Now, I will ask you one more time: where did you get it?”

  “I feel like you already know the answer, but you just want to hear it from me.”

  “Yes, exactly, dear.”

  “Well, here’s your answer,” I said, opening my mouth, ready to speak, but not saying anything. My refusal to educate her made her angry, and made me smile.

  “Worthless.” The Queen took a step away from me, and turned to a coming guard. “What is it?”

  “Tyyne. I have her locked up in the South Wing. What do you want me to do with her?” he asked, giving me a glare.