Six

My eyes shoot open at the sound of running water. I sit up and rub my eyes, looking around the room. My eyes lock at the other side of my bed where the covers were tossed. I get up and walk out of my room, and I jump when I see Jace cooking in the kitchen.

"Good morning, Olivia." He smiles at me and turns the food in the pan. I run my fingers through my hair and pull out my chair to sit down.

"Good... morning?" I ask more than I should have. He pours me a cup of straight coffee and places it in front of me. I raise a brow at him.

"What, you want sugar in it?" I shake my head and take a sip. Am I fucking dreaming? What is going on?

"Thank you, Jace." I say as I rub my face. He places two plates on the table and sits across from me.

"Ya know, sometimes I regret this," he says as he takes a bite out of his eggs.

"Regret what? Me, the break up, whatever the fuck happened last-" I shut up and drink my coffee. That came out ruder than intended. He lowers his head and clears his throat.

"I'm sorry, Olivia, I thought you wanted me to say." I reach out for his hand and squeeze it lightly.

"It's fine love, I'm just really tired." I rub my face with my free hand and let out a groan. He reaches across the table to tuck a stray hair behind my ear.

"You've been tired a lot lately, are you sure everything's okay?" Did- Did he just ask me if I'm okay? Does he actually care about me again? I nod my head and stand up from the table.

"Yeah, everything's fine," I say with a sigh. "I just need to shower and run some errands today." He looks up at me like a dog.

"Do you need anything? I could do your errands for you, if you want me to." I am fucking dreaming. There's no way he'd offer to do things for me.  

I walk into my bedroom and gather my clothes for today. "No, I think what you're doing is just enough." I yell across the apartment. "Thank you for offering, though." I walk into the bathroom to turn the shower on. I hear footsteps in my room and walk out to see Jace standing next to my bed.

"May I help you, sir?"

"Oh, I was just wondering if you would come here first."

"Can I shower first?"

"No, no you can't." I cross my arms and lean against the door frame of the bathroom.

"And why the hell not?" He takes a step closer towards me.

"Because I asked you to come here." I groan and walk over to him.

"What, Jace?" I ask. He places his hands on my waist and chuckles.

"I want a hug, is that too much to ask for?" I stare softly at him.

"Asking me to hug you? Yes." He wraps his arms gently around my waist and buries his head in my shoulder.

"I really miss you Olivia, I really do." I try to stand still as he puts all of his weight on me.

"If you really miss me then how come you won't stay with me?" my voice cracks at the end of the sentence. He lets go and looks at me.

"I hurt you that much?" I nod my head at look down. I bite my lip to keep from crying. "Livi, how many times do I have to say that I'm really sorry?" I sigh and look at him.

"You have to prove to me that you want to stay with me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry's POV: