Chapter Five: Savior

“Seven hundred and eighty. Seven hundred and eighty one. Seven hundred and eighty two...” I was staring up at my ceiling, counting sheep in my head. It wasn't working, judging on how many I've counted so far. I rubbed my eyes.

I don't get it. Last night, I slept perfectly, without Marco. But now, I need him. Damn. I shouldn't have lost my temper with Niall. I am such an idiot. I need someone to sleep with.

Standing up restlessly, I turned my lamp on and walked over to my shelf. Aligned along the shelf was endless amounts of teddies and stuffed animals. Most of them were simply there because I had no use for them, but now and again I would sleep with one of them wrapped up in my arms, along with Marco.

I guess tonight would be one of those nights. I scanned the choices and decided on a simple bear. He was from Build-A-Bear-Workshop. But he's one of the original ones, back when it was just called the Bear Factory or something like that. Collapsing onto my bed again, I switched off the lamp and got comfortable. I sighed and lay there, closing my eyes for ten minutes.

Just try not to think of anything...

Is it working?

Face palm...

Damn!

Try again...

YES! I DI – DOH!

This is going to be a long night.

You don't say?

Cut the sarcasm.

Shut up.

You just told yourself to shut up. That's worrying.

….shut up!

I rolled over onto the cooler side of my bed, watching the glow from the window shine onto the wall in front of me. The window's behind me, so I can see the detail in a shadow. It looks really pretty.

You're going off task.

And you're annoying.

.shush.

I shook my head and turned my lamp off again. Why can't I sleep? This just isn't fair! Maybe its because I have a guilty conscience? I really shouldn’t have shouted at Niall. After all, they probably weren't actually doing it for a joke.

There we have it ladies and gentlemen. Its me, the real me. Someone who takes things seriously. I switched on the TV. I seem to be watching it a lot recently.

I was skipping through the channels until something caught my eye.

Thursday Night With One Direction...

Frowning, I left it on. The break soon finished and on came a pretty TV presenter. She smiled into the camera brightly. “Before the break, I announced that our special guests tonight are One Direction! Say hello to the viewers at home boys!” The camera zoomed in on the boys, each smiling professionally.