Chapter Six

"It's not about the size," I told Gi as I began mixing the cake mix with a small whisk. "It's about how you use it."

"Of course you'd say that, of all people." She teased and I gasped in offence.

"Hey-"

"I was kidding baby." She rolled her eyes and I nodded. "But... now that we're alone, kids are with Mikey and his friends, what is a world famous band doing in our living room?"

"As a world famous Youtuber and music artist, I can say that a tweet goes a long way?" I tried but she didn't buy it. "Okay, you'd think I'm crazy and Calum's crazy if I told you."

"Let me take a wild guess, absolutely off the top of my head." She said and I hummed as I poured the mix into a cake pan. "You and Calum are long lost siblings and are trying to make up what.... twenty-one years of life that you missed out on?"

"Holy shit, all that from them being in our living room?" I asked and then winced when she tapped the small badange on my arm.

"Blood test cause' you didn't believe him, huh?" She rose an eyebrow and then gave me a kiss. "Baby I know you, and I know the rumors of you and Calum. I have social media."

"I just didn't think you'd pay attention to those rumors. They're pretty dumb, most of them. All the conspiracy theories of us get pretty dark." I admitted and she shrugged, her arms around my waist. "You shouldn't pay attention to rumors."

"They're funny." She shrugged and I put the cake into the oven. "Is the band staying for dinner?"

"Maybe. I didn't ask, do you want me to?" I asked and she nodded. "You're gonna have to let go of me."

"No."

"Giselle, I have to move. You can't stay stuck to me forever." I told her and she buried her head into my side. "Are you alright?"

"Just a stressful day at work. I wanna be close to you right now." She told me and I rubbed her hand gently. "I'm not moving."

"Fine."

She squealed loudly as I turned around and then wrapped my arms around her, picking her up to cradle her in my arms like a child. "Connor!" She hit me chest and I kissed her nose.

"You wanna be next to me, then I'm gonna let my babygirl be right next to me." I shrugged and then carried her to the living room. "Hey, you guys wanna stay for dinner? I was thinking of barbecue with roasted potatoes and a salad."

"Can we? Would we be intruding if we stay?" Ashton asked as Kaleb sat on his lap, watching a video on his phone. "Your son seems to like me."

"He doesn't like anyone." Gi laughed and Kaleb gave a thumbs up as he watched the video.

"No its fine, you guys can stay. Someone has to come with me to the store though." I said and Luke stood up. "Yeah, I was thinking you too, since you know, my girlfriend and daughter both have crushes on you."

He laughed and then nodded. "It's not my fault I have a pretty face." He told me and I set Gi down.

"I'm going to take a shower and set the grill up. Don't forget to buy ice cream." She warned and I nodded as she gave me another kiss.

"I won't." I grinned as she went upstairs.

"Dammit, I'm so single." Ashton sniffled and I laughed. "Why am I so single?"

"Cause you're weird." Michael said and Nani yelled 'fuck' loudly when she got a hairtie stuck in her hair.

"Mommy! Daddy!"