Chapter Seven

-Hayes POV-

"You want to pick out your dress when you go home? I know it's like in a week, but still..?" I asked Morgan.

"Uh, yeah. Nash would you take me?" Morgan asked Nash.

"Yeah but Hayes, you can't come. The dress is a surprise." Nash said pointing at me.

"Okay, you just have to tell me the colors. I'll have to get a colored tie." I said and looked back down to my phone.

"Hey Hayes?" Morgan asked.

"Yeah?" I said and looked up to her.

"What happened to Jordan? Why didn't you ask her... She's still your girlfriend isn't she?"

I looked at her and locked my phone.

"Yeah we are but she's uh, she's going with Ryan. He asked her first." I said looking away not trying to sound desperate.

"Oh." Is all she said.

"We are here." The driver said.

I looked out at my house and laughed.

She said yes, she freaking said yes.

-Morgans POV-

I was quite taken back when Hayes said his girlfriend Jordan wasn't going with him.

I didn't mind of course, he's my best friend, I love him.

When we finally arrived back at our houses I had told Nash to come with me and talk to my mother about formal and getting a dress.

"Okay, you'll ask her." I said and pushed Nash towards my door and he slowly turned the handle and walked in the kitchen where my mom sat doing work.

"Hey Marybeth." Nash said sitting across from her.

"Hello Nash." My mom said looking up at him.

"I have a question for you, well uh, for you from Morgan and Hayes."

"Go on." My mom encouraged.

"Well uh, can Morgan go to formal with Hayes next week?" He said and hid his hands under the table, crossing his fingers.

"Uh, yeah. Why not." She smiled at me as I not so quietly jumped up.

"Can I go dress shopping.. with Nash?.. Tonight?" I asked her with pleading eyes.

"Um, yeah.. I guess." She said to me and handed Nash her credit card.

"No more thank one thousand.. Understand?" She said looking at both of us dead in the eyes.

We nodded our heads and scurried into his car.

"Uh let's see, go to Harold's on Main Street, yeah?" I asked looking to him.

"Yeah.. Downtown." He said and took a left on to Park Street.

We sat in silence for at least ten minutes.

"What color do you think I should do?" I asked turning to him.

He stopped at the red light and looked at me and into my eyes.

"Black. It makes your eyes pop."

I nodded and turned facing forward.

It was two minutes until I got a call from Aaron. I immediately picked it up.

"Hello?" We both said at the same time.

"Hi." I said said again smiling like a complete idiot.

"How's my beautiful girl?" He asked me.