Chapter Eleven

Two days ago my father and I were on the plane flying back home when he broke the news. No, I wasn't happy at all. I left in three days and I was flying in by myself from North Carolina. Why's that you ask? I promised Hayes is go to formal with him but I still hadn't told him the news. Maybe it would be better if I didn't for a while...? I didn't know but all I knew is that I had to end things with Aaron, even though I was what I thought was 'in love', long distance wouldn't work out.

I laughed as I got off the plane and into the Charlotte airport waiting for Elizabeth to pick me up. To my surprise, and I mean it, Elizabeth wasn't there. Instead my step father was. He got out of the car and put my bags in without saying a word. About 20 or so minutes after we left the airport I asked a question.

"What did I do?" "Honestly, I don't know. She's always in an awful mood now. She needs to see someone." He said to me. "I understand that but.. could I have really done something that awful?"

"No no," he said shaking his head. "You aren't that kind of kid, I'd be lucky if my children acted like you. They're selfish." Of course I would agree with him but they're my siblings. "I need to go home, get my dress and leave. But uh, did she tell you?" I asked him referring to me moving to Australia.

"Yeah.. Are you uh, ok with it?" "Yeah I mean I want to go of course but I'm leaving all you guys. I'm a little hesitant on it but I can't change my mind, I'm leaving in two days. I need to get home Alyssa needs to fix me up and I'm going to graduation then his dance. I'm sleeping over two nights and I'm out, nothing an really change it now.. I'll come back every once in a while but you know it's gonna be hard."

"It is gonna be hard but I love you and you know that now go get dressed and get out before mom comes home from work, ok?" He said to me and I nodded and jumped out and into my old room.

I slipped on the blue dress and covered myself with a towel while Alyssa jumped straight into the hair and makeup. "Your father told you.. right?" I said and looked up to her. She stared down at her feet. "Yeah but we have some good news I'm announcing to you tomorrow night." She said and smiled at me, a reassuring smile.

"Ok, you're done! Voila!" She said and turned me around revealing a shimmery side I've never seen. "Ah, very nice! Thank you, now let's get going!" I said and we scooted out of the house and I grabbed my clutch and other necessities.

As I walked out the door my mother was walking out of her car and I walked faster trying to avoid the situation but I couldn't. I turned around and hugged her and gave her a kiss. "I'll see you later, mom." And I walked away to Hayes' house.

Alyssa knocked on the door and Hayes stood there in the doorway looking as handsome as ever. "You uh, you look gorgeous." He stuttered and pulled me inside. "Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself. You ready to go?" I said and grabbed his hand squeezing it tight. We got into the car and arrived at his school auditorium.

We all sat there for an hour and a half until the promotion ceremony was finally over and I applauded hoping to get out of this place to get to the dance sooner. As Hayes came out he grabbed my hand and hugged me. "So proud of you." I said and I looked at the handsome boy and I felt a tingling sensation in my stomach at the way he looked at me.

"Let's go." He said and pulled me down the auditorium hall and into the gym where it was elegantly decorated. "You honestly look so hot tonight." He whispered in my ear. I was taken back a bit by his choice of words but it made the tingling feeling worse and I got excited. "Ditto." I said back and as time went on they called us all up for a slow dance. "May I have this dance?" Hayes said laughing.

"Oh of course my dear Hayes." I said and he grabbed my hand and pulled me to the dance floor. And in that moment my feelings changed and my perspective did too. I loved him, not only as a best friend but... but something more.

"Can we talk? Like a serious talk, right here right now.." He said to me. "Yeah of course. Go ahead." I said. "I've been wanting to get this off my chest for a long long time." I looked at him concerned. "Continue." I said to him. "I know we are so young, but I don't care because I'm a hindered percent sure on this, I know what it is." He said to me. I gave him a look to continue again. "I-I love you." He said to me.

I looked at him, my feet grounded and I wouldn't move. "Hayes," I paused but he cut me off. "No no, I don't want you to love me back I just needed you to know. It's been killing me." He said. "Hayes I love you too. More than a best friend. More than you could ever know. I was just denying it, the whole time." I said and looked at him. "But there's a problem..." I said to him and I wasn't sure if I should be telling him but I had to. "What is it? Are you ok?" He asked me. I looked down and rested my head on his shoulder and started crying. "What's the matter?" He asked franticly. "Hayes," I took a breath.

"I'm moving to Australia."

--

AUTHORS NOTE:

HOLY

CRAP

I

HAVENT

UPDATED

SINCE

LIKE

APRIL.

IM SOOOO SORRY! I MAY TRY TO SQUEEZE A REALLY REALLY SHORT UPDATE IN TONIGHT AGAIN BUT I DONT KNOW YET OK.

SO UH HOWS LIFE? HOWS IT GOING?

I HAVE A CHAPTER CHALLENGE: WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GONNA HAPPEN NEXT CHAPTER? LEAVE IT IN THE COMMENTS OR INBOX ME.

INSPIRATIOOOOON:-) :

wherever that person is that you love so much. call them and tell them it will always be them. they will alway be your number one.

--WHICH SONG DID THAT IDEA COME FROM (HINT HINT: 5SOS FANS SHOULD KNOW THIS!!!)--

love y'all

«Morgan»