Chapter Nine

-Morgans POV-

I sat there, with my head in my hands. I was debating on wether I should call my father or not. I'm not gonna lie, I was scared.

But when your fingers move faster than your mind you're immediately screwed.

"Dad?" I asked when he picked up the phone. "Hey chicken," my said using my nickname. "I'm gonna be boarding the plane soon. Okay? I'm coming to see you and I'm gonna take you home when you're done."

"Oh, okay. I love you. See you soon." I said and hung up.

I sat there and thought about all the things I could of said to set my mother off. And when I went through everything I ever had done, nothing was bad enough to make her like that.

I sat there alone in the back of the cab waiting to arrive to my hotel. I laid back, hoping time would pass faster, and it did. Soon enough the cab driver, named Mick by the way, had brought it to my attention that we had arrive to my hotel.

I gave him his money and he drove away. I looked up at the tall building and dragged myself across the threshold. My teammates would be at the arena soon, so I had to get changed and leave.

I put on my maroon warmups over my uniform and made my way out the door, hauling over a taxi while I was at it.

"Um, the Izod Center, please." I said to the driver and he stepped on the gas and took off. I sat in the car for ten minutes, enjoying the scenery and going over plays.

'Backdoor cut, used only in a man. Pocket, use in man, set a screen for the right man.'

"Mam, we're here." The taxi driver said and I hopped out grabbing my bag and once again paying my price.

I looked up at the red and white sign. I closed my eyes. I was so scared. I was scared about that in a few hours I'd be playing in the biggest arena in New Jersey. I squinted and looked to my right. I saw my father, my biological father. I haven't seen him in a year.

"Morgan.." He said running up to me. I hugged him so tight. "Daddy, I've missed you so much." I said and squeezed him back, with tears running down my face.

"Okay, enough tears. Now let's get in there and practice." My father said looking down at me seriously, but he still flashed me a smile. I got inside, ripped my warmups off, and started my usual routine. I dribble half court doing lay-ups for about thirty minutes.

I went to go get a drink of water and check my phone. I had a text from a close friend, Alex. Well she's more like my best friend.

'Hey, I'm sorry to say this but... we just can't be friends anymore.'

I looked at it. I stared at my phone. I stared and threw it in my bag and grabbed the ball doing wind sprints but dribbling while I was at it. I ran fast and hard, not intending to stop. I couldn't, I couldn't let the emotion over come me. I couldn't let it consume me. My heart broke with every step I took. I looked at the huge clock. I'd been doing this for an hour. An hour, I wasn't even tired, I was broken. I went over and texted my other best friend, Amani. I met her from twitter. She lives in New Jersey and she was coming to meet me and finally see me play today. Seconds after I sent the text I received a call from Amani and quickly accepted.

"Hey!" I said to her, still trying to catch my breath.

"Hey! I'm outside the arena, wanna come let me in?" She said laughing.

"Yes! I'll be out in a second." I said and quickly hung up and started walking towards the door. I turned back facing my dad and told him I'd be back in a second. I opened the arena gate and looked at my best friend.

"Amani!" I said running towards her.

She turned towards me and hugged me as I hugged her back. "It's so nice to finally meet you." She said.

I freaked out as I saw my team walking in from a far. "C'mon, we have to go inside." I said and pulled her along and back to the court. She sat on the bleachers, the seat next up from my chair.

I ran up and down the court doing a full court lay up. My team walked in and I saw my coach smile at me. "Coach Russell." I said and he laughed at my comment and said, "I see even New Jersey won't mess up your normal routine." He laughed and tried to get the ball from me but I took a shot instead. "You make three pointers like that tonight and you won't ever see the bench." He smiled and turned away walking towards our bench.

About an hour later it was time for jump ball... I scratched my leg and pulled my right leg short up mid thigh. "Blue right, white left!" The referee had said then blowed his whistle signaling for us to jump. White, the other team, grabbed the ball dribbling down their side and making a lay up. I looked at my guard and signaled for her to go long down the court and make the pass towards me. I was right at the 3-point line when she passed it to me. It was a quick pass and I took a chance and shot it up, us three, them two. The game continued like this for the past twenty minutes. "High low girls! High low, Allie run the high low!" I got down in the low post and waited for the ball to swing around to me. I grabbed the ball and hit it off the back board making it in again. We have 30 seconds left on the clock, and boy was I shitting my pants. I was scared they can hit one more point and take us out. White took it out from the side they're guard, 23, had pushed hard to get to the net. And that's exactly where she made it. The score was 52 us, 54 them. I closed my eyes as if time had slowed down. The ball was passed into me, I didn't even look at the clock. "Throw it!" My coach yelled at me along with everyone in the crowed. I set up and pushed the ball off my finger tips.. Watching, watching as it slid through the net. I stood there, in shock, I couldn't move. In the heat of the moment I just couldn't. In a matter of ten seconds I was being picked up off my feet by everyone. My name being shouted... I felt so, accomplished.

--

Authors note:

Hi guys ASDFGHJKL; so I got tickets for Magcon NJ! but I gave them away... I gave them to my best friend who deserved them, and to be completely honest I was so unhappy with the way this specific event was organized. But on the bright side...! I am going to another One Direction concert and, wait for it, ............... an AUSTIN MAHONE CONCERT AND I GOT VIP MEET AND GREET. I STILL SCREAM. Okay but yes this was a very short update, and guys I'm so very sorry I haven't been very active, I just started softball which is every single day. And I also have MAJOR writers block. But!! I'm gonna leave the list of concerts I'm going to this summer/spring/fall below: !

5 Seconds of Summer April 25th at Oakdale Theatre, Wallingford CT,

One Direction Round One ft. 5 Seconds of Summer August 5th at MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford NJ,

One Direction Round Two Ft. 5 Seconds of Summer August 7th at Gillette Stadium, Foxboro Mass.,

Austin Mahone VIP ft. Shawn Mendes 5th Harmony and The Vamps August 20th at IZod Center, East Rutherford NJ,

and Little Mix at Oakdale October 4th Wallingford CT!

If any of y'all are going message me and we can meet up!

Inspiration:

Don't take anyone for granted. And thank everyone before you can't thank them anymore. Thank them for the small things and the big things. It will make you such a better person in life.

Yours truly,

«Morgan»