Chapter Eight

-Morgans POV-

"Flight 618 boarding to Newark." I looked up at the announcer.

I stood up in line. This time I was taking first class, thankfully.

I sat down in the third row and took my window seat.

Thankfully this also was a flight I'd be taking alone.

My mom was already in New Jersey and would be there at 9 o'clock when I landed.

I took my computer out and turned it on closing my eyes for a minute.

"Is someone sitting here?" A voice asked.

I opened my eyes and looked up to a boy around my age.

"No, just me." I said and smiled.

He nodded and pushed his carry on into the overhead bin and sat down.

I looked back to my computer and opened my email seeing if I had anything new from the tournament association.

I did.

I clicked on the email and sat back as the bright colors wrote "Rose Brightwood Tournament!"

I sat and read the email rolling my eyes at the times we'd have to be there.

"Your attending too?" The boy asked.

"Yeah, it's gonna suck. I hate waking up early." I said turning my laptop off and putting it back in my bag.

"Yeah, I know. Well, I'm Cole." He said extending his hand out for me to shake it.

"Hi Cole, I'm Morgan." I said and shook his hand.

"You're from North Carolina?" He asked taking a sip out of a water bottle.

"Yes, born and raised. You?" I asked.

"Same thing. What part?" He asked facing towards me a bit more.

"Mooresville. You?" I asked him.

"Moorhead." He said.

"Oh yeah, that's a nice area, my grandmother lives over there. What team are you on?" I said turning to him.

"A team, captain. You?"

"I'm on A1, captain." I said laughing.

I could tell he was about to speak but the person I the chair in front of me had turned around.

"Nash, I though you were taking Continental, not Delta." I had said to him completely surprised.

"No...? Me and Hayes were taking Delta the whole time. And who's this?" He said looking strangely at me.

"Oh Nash this is uh, Cole? Yeah, this is Cole. He's attending the same tourney as me." I said to him and smiled.

"Oh okay.. And Aaron wants you to call him before we take off." Nash said and turned back around.

"Aaron?" Cole asked me.

"Yeah.. Aaron's my boyfriend." I said and smiled nervously while putting the phone up to my ear.

It rung two times before he picked up.

"Hi beautiful!" He said and he obviously sounded happy.

"Hi handsome," I smiled.
"You wanted me to call you?" I asked him curious of what he wanted.

"Yeah! I just wanted to let you know I love you and hopefully you'll have a safe flight. Okay?" He asked me.

It made me feel so good he was concerned about my safety.