Shiro x Sister! Reader: Gone and Back Again

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

     It started out as a normal day, I got up, went to my classes at the garrison, then went to my work at one of the local supermarkets. I hadn't even in my wildest dreams dreamed of what was going to happen. Because, at the end of the day instead of my dorm room, I found myself in a castle/spaceship. 

     I silently stood from my seat and walked down the halls of the garrison. My days seemed even longer and lonelier ever since Lance, Pidge, and Hunk disappeared. Why did they have to go missing too? I've already lost my brother to some supposed "freak" piloting errors. Like I'd believe that crock of crap. Shiro is or possibly was, the best pilot ever. I don't believe he's dead, I just know he isn't. I can't tell you how many times people have told me they're sorry for my loss. It's honestly very annoying.

     I entered my dorm room to see my roommate Catherine getting ready to go on another date. I wonder who the "lucky" guy is tonight. "What time is your date?" I asked, walking over to my closet and pulling out my supermarket uniform. "Tonight." She answered simply while perfecting her eyeliner. I don't know why she bothers with makeup, she's gorgeous enough without it. With it, she looks like a goddess. Tonight, means late tonight, after curfew. "Stay safe, and don't get caught, Cat." I said, pulling on the uniform.   "I will, have fun at work."  Catherine said, moving on to putting her hair into a crown braid.

     I grabbed my duffle bag containing two outfits, my normal clothes, and my dance outfit. After work instead of going straight to my dorm at the garrison, I might go to the dance studio. I used to take pop dance classes there before joining the garrison, which was three years ago. Now, I just come by to dance, sometimes I drop in to talk to friends.

     I parked my hover bike in one of the many spaces. Taking my duffle bag with me, I walked into the store and employees' room. I dropped my bag and keys off in my specific locker, locking it with the little key I keep around my neck. I then continued out into the main part of the store to start my shift, greeting coworkers as I went.

     A few hours later I was restocking yogurt in the dairy aisle. It's getting pretty late so no one is really in the store, after all, it's nine o'clock and the store closes at ten. I monotonously placed another carton of yogurt on the shelf. "(Y/n)?" A voice I hadn't heard in a long time asked. I dropped the yogurt I was holding and turned towards the voice in shock.

     Halfway down the hall, across from me was Shiro. My big brother. My eyes stung as tears  made their way to my eyes and down my cheeks. Not being able to control myself I ran to him. At the last moment, I jumped into his arms, wrapping my own around his neck. His strong arms wrapped around me, pulling me into his firm chest.

     I let out a sob and cried into his shoulder. "I know, I know." Shiro whispered, rubbing my back soothingly. "I've missed you so much." I cried, the tears not lightening up. "I've missed you too." He whispered again. In time I calmed down enough to just be sniffling here and there. "I know I just got back, but I have to leave again.  This time I want to take you with me though." Shiro said, letting me go. "What? Why do you have to go?" I asked in sad confusion. "I can't explain everything right now, but I can on the way to where we're going." Shiro said. "Um, okay, do we have to leave now? My shift ends in, like, an hour." I asked. "We have to leave now." Was his answer. "Okay, I just have to grab my stuff first."

      So, basically that's how I ended up on a castle spaceship with Shiro, my lost my friends Pidge, Lance, and Hunk, a cute guy named Keith, a princess named Allura, and an old guy named Coran. Also, apparently we're fighting to save the universe from an alien race called the galra. I haven't even known about them a full 24 hours and I want them gone. They kidnapped my brother after all.

________________________________________________________________________________

     Yep, that's the end of that. Well, not exactly the end. I plan to use this specific reader in another oneshot. Don't worry. I'll tell you which one when I get to it. -Rosa (Amestris)