Suprises and new relationships

John's POV:
Beep
Beep
Beep
My alarm clock goes off and I get out of bed to start getting ready for Work. Its been about three weeks since our date. Those were the most amazing two days of my life. Ever since then we've been talking more and getting to know each other even more. I hear my door bell ring, bringing me out of my thoughts. Who the hell is that this early in the morning I say while walking down stairs opening the door.

"Johnnn"

"Jack, what the hell are you doing here when you know I have to leave for work in about" I pause looking at my clock, "45 minutes"

"I wanted to check on my best friend and see how he was doing, is that such a crime"

"I didn't say it was but why couldn't you just text me"

"Because I didn't want to"

He says back while rolling his eyes and walking into my house.

"Hey, I didn't say you could walk in"

"But you didn't say I couldn't either"

I let out a sigh and close the door.

"Are you sure you didn't just come here to surprise me with a birthday gift?"

"Nah, I know how much you don't care about your birthday so this year I Decided to just not try at all"

"Sure you did"
I say while walking up stairs.

"Well I'm about to go finish getting ready I should be back down in about 25 minutes"

"Ok"
End of POV

Jack's POV:
Did he really think I was just gonna not surprise him on his birthday, hell no. So the plan is, when he leaves for work me and Tory are gonna be getting everything ready. Its just gonna be me and her because I know how much he doesn't care about birthdays.

Maybe he won't be as mad if its just is two. Were gonna have streamers, balloons, gifts and a cake. I mean he's my best friend, this is one of the only days that he gets to feel special on and that's exactly what were gonna make him feel. Rather he wants it or not.

"I'm back"

I jump a little, startled at his sudden voice.

"Hey"

"Why'd you jump, were you thinking about something you don't want me to know about"
He says smirking.

"No I was actually thinking about you and Tory, how are you two doing?"

"Oh, were doing Great"

"That's good"

I get up and head to the kitchen to find something to eat.

"What are you doing?"

"What do you mean what am I doing, I'm getting something to eat"

"But this is my house"

"So, what's yours is mine"

"That is not how it works"

"Keep telling yourself that anyway shouldn't you get going?"

"Shit, your right"

He says while looking at his watch and speed walking to the door.

"Of course I am"
I say while smiling.

"Yea yea anyway if your gonna still be here when I'm gone just don't break anything ok"

"I'm not a little kid you know, I know how to be calm"