Chapter 14

Because they were more experienced with getting around the island, the boys and I got to the cave in only a few hours, whereas it would have taken me days, had the Neverbird not found me. Soon, we had crossed the sea, and got to the cave.
"Now what?" I huffed. I plopped onto the ground, and checked my legs for bruises and cuts.
"Now we get in through the secret entrance." Slightly said, and rolled his eyes. He didn't understand sarcasm.
"That was sarcasm." I muttered. I stood up, brushed off the sand and trekked behind Slightly and Tootles with a hunched back.

A few long minutes later, we reached the back of the cave.
"Just so you know, the rock creatures are in there." I mentioned.
Tootles looked back at me. "There hasn't been people in thee for almost 2 days. They should be piles of boulders by now, since there's no one to attack."
Just as Slightly was about to explain what was going to happen, the sky suddenly became pitch black, and the sky covered in billions of stars. Of course. Things were getting worse.
Looking around, I also saw that the plants suddenly began to loose leaves rapidly back on shore, in the jungle.
"Shit." I cursed. I needed to do something fast.
"Might as well sleep. We have been traveling for hours."

We set out or sleeping bags and started a fire.
"Do you guys remember your parents?" I asked. It was so personal... I didn't think they would answer, but Tootles spoke up first. "Not really. I have been here a while. I can only remember my mom's grey eyes, and her white blonde hair..." at this he ran his hand through his own long mop of white-blonde hair.
"Nothing else." He added quickly and dropped his hand. I sensed his lie, but I didn't call him out. I looked towards Slightly.
"They left me on the street, after I stole candy from a vender, but I didn't know better.... I was only 4, and they barely paid attention to me as it was, let alone teach me lessons on what I can and can't  to do. That's the only thin I remember."
He wasn't lying, he was telling everything he could remember.
"What do you remember about Wendy?" Slightly questioned with caution, as if it was a touchy subject.
"She died when I was 2, but she was my earliest memory. She didn't want to die without seeing me first, as if she knew I was the one that was going to come back here.
"But when she died, I was the last person she saw and touched.... I remember her soft finger stroking my cheek.... and then it fell."
The boys looked heartbroken, but they had to face the fact that she didn't love in a place where people aged one year every 100 years or so. She lived in the mortal world, where everyone aged at a normal pace.
"I'm.... going to sleep." Slightly muttered. He turned over, and fell asleep in an impossibly fast time.
I turned back to Tootles. He was looking down.
"Are are you okay?" I asked. He looked up.
"Know time passes faster over there.... but it's still hard to comprehend that she's really gone... and has been for a while."
I nodded in response.
"Can we change the subject?" Tootles asked. "I was really close to her."
"Yeah." I responded. "What do you want to talk about?"
"Cubby." He answered quickly. It hit me like a squirrel to a bus.
"What about him?" I asked, trying to keep my tone neutral.
"He seems kind of strange, don't you think?" He asked.
"Actually..... I have something to tell you relating to him...." I said nervously.
Tootles nodded.
And the words spilled from my mouth.

HI FISHIES!!! Jesus Christ.... I owed that chapter to you guys. I know I just wrote a few days ago... but I promised you one hours after on spring break I didn't deliver.... and I've only wrote 3 chapters this year.... and I know I must be hated... a lot.... SO HERE YOU ARE!! Another chapter that isn't only the time period of about and hour or so... but it's important to the plot, I promise. ANYWAY!! Hope you all have a nice Memorial Day weekend/start of summer break! See ya next chapter!
-Lyss