Chapter 15

Tootles did nothing. He lay on the sand with a shocked look in his eyes. The wet trails of tears were drying to my face. I sniffed
     "He's not who he says he is." I said quietly. Tootles only nodded in response. "He.... he was..., not like this.... how....?" I stammered. "We have to figure out what's getting into him."
"It could be you." Tootles said. I turned onto his side. I was taken aback. "Not in a bad way, Claire. We haven't had a girl around in years, not since Wendy, and right now, we all had the mindset and bodies of teenagers, that could be it, if you catch my drift." I did, and it was disgusting. Not with Cubby. I looked over at Slightly. He was sound asleep, his deep and even breaths were only slightly audible with the water crashing against the shore.
I hugged my knees to my chest and closed my eyes. If I just closed them tight enough, this would all be a dream...
But it wasn't.
"We need to go to sleep." Tootles muttered. I stood up and lay down next to him. Tootles's face turn bright red, which I ignored as I turned over so my back was facing him, and my face was watching Slightly.
I heard the sand behind me shift as Tootles moved closer cautiously. I realized he had probably never had intimate actions with a girl before, and I turned over to face him. His face was right there in front of me. His eyes wide open.
He opened his mouth to say something, but I pulled him into a kiss, before he could say anything. Tootles's body went rigid, but eventually eased and he kissed me back.
His hands on my waist and my hands on his neck. He hadn't done this before, but he seemed to know what to do naturally.
It took me a minute to realize that I didn't hear Slightly's breathing anymore. He was either awake the whole time, or just woke up, watching us and controlling his breathing. I didn't worry about Slightly, and continued to kiss Tootles for a few more seconds before slowly pulling away.
Tootles looked stunned but didn't say anything. I turned back over to the way I was before, watching Slightly, and I closed my eyes, but not before catching a glimpse of Slightly looking at me with an expression I couldn't read.

I woke up the next morning, seeing no one. I sat up and saw my breakfast on a flat stone and everyone's stuff neatly packed up.
I quickly ate, packed and ran to the other side of the cave. No one. I ran around and around, and no one. I looked towards the ocean. There was Slightly, bathing in the ocean, like he was the only person in the world.
I stared. It wasn't right, but I did.
He eventually caught sight of me standing around like a dope, and pointed towards the top of one of the only giant palm trees on the island, where Tootles was grabbing an unusual looking fruit. "Hey!" I shouted. Tootles almost fell off the tree.
He looked back and waved. Tootles grabbed a few of the fruits and slid down.
" What the hell is that?" I asked.
"Our key to getting in the secret entrance." Tootles said with a friendly smirk on his face.

Yay!! Another large chapter. I bet that you thought Slightly and Claire were gonna get together, but NOPE it's Tootles... at least for now. It just flowed out from my fingers, onto the keys and into this damn chapter. Today, or the day that i wrote this, is MY LAST DAY OF SCHOOL and this is how I am celebrating. Writing! For y'all!! There wasn't much action in this chapter, only romance, but I swear it's important to the plot. If it wasn't, then I probably wouldn't have pushed Claire and Tootles together. PLEASE RECOMMEND TO YOUR FRIENDS!! Peace out my Fishies.
-Lyss