Confession

Chapter 2:~ Confession

It's been four days since my little break down, this means that I had eight more days of bliss before I'm back to the hell hole I call life. Evan's been ever so helpful in the past few days. He has been helping me with some math questions that my stupid teacher gave us to do during the holiday. What kind of teacher is that?

"What are you doing?" I heard a voice behind me ask and I twisted my head to see Nathan standing in the doorway of the little sitting area upstairs. I was currently lying back on the sofa with my feet up in the air. I stared at my metallic blue toenails that I painted yesterday.

"No clue," I said as I continued look at my feet as I wriggle my toes.

"You feeling alright there Ava?" another voice asked and I felt the hairs on my arms raise. I didn't have to turn to know that it was Evan who spoke.

"Perfect. Although... I have been contemplating," I said.

"Contemplating what exactly?" Evan asked, a little bit more worry in his words than necessary. I think it was because the last time I used the word contemplating, I was talking about dying. I got up and looked at the brothers in front of me. They were eerily identical but you could see the maturity in Nathan's face since he's older than Evan by a year.

"Whether I should go in the water or read," I said as I walked up to them, a smile in my face. I watched the tension leave Evan's eyes.

"Water," Nathan said the same time as Evan said," Read."

"You two are no help at all," I shook my head before walking past them to go to my room.

"So what are you going to do?" Nathan called after me.

"Both," I answered before closing the door behind me. I pulled the dresser draw open and picked up my plain blue bikini. I slipped off my clothes before putting on the swimsuit and then I pulled on a pair of beach shorts. I grabbed my towel before making my way down the steps. I threw my towel over the railing before making my way down the porch steps and to the warm, soft sand. I walked into the lukewarm water until it reached my knees before I dived in. Instead of coming up for a breath, I stayed under, wanting to see how long I could last. I started to count in my head. One... Two... Three... Four... Five... Six... Seven... Eight... Nine... Ten... Eleven... Twelv-

A pair of hands wrapped around my arm and yanked me from under the water. I blinked water out of my eyes before meeting Evan's panicked ones. "What the hell is wrong with you?! Let go of me!" I yelled as I pulled myself out of his grasp. 

"What's wrong with me?! What's wrong with you?!" he shouted back and I frowned.

"What are you talking about?! You're confusing me," I said and he shook his head.

"I thought you were trying to-" he choked on his word then. "Just don't do anything like that again, please?" he begged and that's when I slowly started to understand what he was going to say. I gasped and cover my mouth with my hands.

"Oh my gosh," my voice muffled. "You thought I was trying to drown myself?" I asked and he slowly nodded his head. 

"I wouldn't. At least not here. Not now," I said to him and he looked me in the eye.

"What changed?"

"I'm not alone at the moment," I responded and he looked up at me, a smile playing on his lips. "Now can we please do something else because the past couple of days have a little too sappy for me."

"Way to ruin the moment Ava," he chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

"Please, there was no moment. I could see your ego inflating by the second," I huffed and he faked a gasp.