Chapter 9

The warm glistening light shone through the trees, casting long shadows across the meadow.

A gentle hum of the creek echoed through the chill of the morning.

With my hand clenched with her frail hand, we danced, not even sure what we were quite dancing too or even for.

As my eyes rested on her beautiful face, I could see how Annie just absolutely glowed through a simple smile.

Cause she didn't just smile with her mouth, but also with the way her eyes brightened, and how her cheeks turned a rosy colour that only the softest flower could possess.

She was beautiful, inside and out.

Slowly, I pressed a warm hand against her cheek, securing my other firmly against the curve of her waist.

Exhaling a deep breath, I leaned my forehead against hers, finding myself feeling both relaxed and tense at the same time.

How could I have ever come to love someone like you Annabelle?

But, as I pulled my head back and opened my eyes, it was no longer Annie bestowed in front of me, but it was the blond wavy hair of Lily.

I wanted to yell, I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs for what had come of this.

But the sound didn't come, nothing erupted from my throat except for that of a joyful sigh.

Lillian is here, and is that really a problem?

I glanced at her eyes, only to end up staring as I got lost in her world of green, it was almost like this whole scene we were in could just be happening from within them.

"Lily... I just wanted to say that I'm sorry, sorry for all the pain that I've-"

"Shhhhh...." in almost a whimsical sort of way she pressed her pointer finger to my mouth.

As she pulled back I could feel myself biting the corner of my lip, and my eyes landing on her soft, fair face.

Closing my eyes I leaned forward, holding the girl in my arms I told myself I could never love.

My eyes then opened to the stained wall of my room, the bright morning light seeping through the closed windows.

Usually whenever I woke up from dreams it always seems like I've been hit in the face with reality.

But this was different, I just couldn't stop smiling.

It felt like I had almost forgotten about Annie being there entirely, all I could remember was that of Lillian.

But then it hit me.

You're cheating on her Jason! You're cheating on the girl you said you would love forever!

But, I still do, but how can I be in a relationship with her if she's gone? You can't, but you still have to pretend that you're loyal to her!

Stop!

I scrunched my eyes closed, clenching the bed sheets in my fists.

I needed to think calmly.

This isn't cheating, if she were still her I'd be forever loyal, but I need to face the fact that I'm here and she's not.

I need to continue with life,

just like she would've wanted me to.

If she were still here she'd hate to see me like this, she'd already be doing everything Lily has.

But, if she were here I wouldn't be feeling this way.

Sighing, I grabbed my phone and looked through all my photos.

Most were with just Annabelle and me, but a good chunk of them included us with Tyler and, Lily.

I had to stop myself from crying from all of Annie's photos, but at the same time smiling from looking at Lily's.

What's going on?

I think it's quite clear now,

I think, I like... Lillian.