Chapter 1: Senior Year

The first bell of the year rang. Groans echoed through the halls as students trudged to their homerooms. That's when the students stopped in their tracks to watch the football players walked down the hall. "Hey!" and "What's up?" came from their mouths. Then the two loudest and proudest came running down the hall.
"Kelly! Kelly! Kelly! Sweeney! Sweeney! Sweeny! Kurt! Kurt! Kurt! Ram! Ram! Ram!" echoed through the halls as the quarterback and linebacker yelled about their homecoming party. Ram pushed Martha "Fat Bitch" Dunnstock into the locker while running down the hall. A shrill sound interrupted the noise and the students were sent to their homerooms.

Kurt and Ram stepped into their homeroom, laughing when they were suddenly stopped by Veronica Sawyer, Martha's best friend. "You hurt my best friend! Say sorry!" Veronica yelled, balling her fists.

"How about...no." Ram said, snarkly. Kurt snickered and pushed past Veronica, going to his usual seat of a classroom. Ram pushed Veronica away and sat by Kurt.

The end of the first day of school came slowly, Ram itching to stand up and go blow off homework with Kurt. When the bell rang to send them off, Ram and Kurt shot up and dashed, meeting up in the foyer of the school. They walked to Ram's pickup truck and Kurt climbed into the bed of the truck, grabbing an airhorn and blaring it as Ram sped off. Students walking by stopped and cheered them on.

Kurt's jacket came off and was thrown onto the ground. The door opened quickly, with need. A laugh came from Kurt's mouth as he grabbed the football and tossed it at Ram, who caught it quickly, grinning. The two tossed the ball back and forth until, while Ram had it, Kurt ran to him, tackled him and the two wrestled until they were breathless, Kurt pinned under Ram, panting. The two stared at each other, both grinning like children and panting heavily. The back door opened and Ram rolled off of Kurt, looking at the door, seeing his mother. "Hello boys!" She said cheerily.

"Hey mom," Ram said, turning to Kurt, helping him up. Kurt thanked him, looking at Mrs. Sweeney, smiling softly.

"Would you boys like some lemonade?" She asked, the two nodded, rushing to her and grabbing a glass. Ram downed his while Kurt took longer to finish his. Ram knew Kurt tended to be polite around parents, it usually only happened around his girlfriend's parents. Ram raised his eyebrow, questioning the other. Kurt finished his lemonade and shrugged, tackling Ram to the ground and wrestling him.

That night, Kurt and Ram sat in Ram's bedroom, talking. "God, we're such girls," Ram said, laughing, Kurt laughing with him.

"And so then I told Ram to fuck off with his bullshit," Kurt mocked Heather Chandler and Ram began to laugh harder. Kurt sat up and grinned at Ram. Ram rustled Kurt's brunette hair and got up.

"Want some beer, dude?" Ram asked he walked to his mini fridge. Kurt nodded and waited for the delicious alcohol. Ram handed him a cold one and sat beside him. They did their usual routine of opening the can and taking a drink at the same time. Kurt sighed, leaning against Ram's shoulder while Ram slumped, grinning happily.

As Kurt walked home, he stared ahead, thinking deeply.

God, you're so gay.

"I know, don't need to point it out," Kurt muttered to himself.

But Ram isn't.

Kurt tensed slightly, looking down. "I-I know that," he whispered, hugging his body slightly. "But, maybe someday." The smile on Kurt's face returned, looking up at the sky and grinning.