Chapter 4: Knock Knock

Ram's phone buzzed and he looked down to see a text from Kurt.

Kurt: Knock Knock

Ram looked up from his phone to see Kurt outside. It was currently 10 at night, a time usually used by these two idiots pranking their neighbors. But, recently, Kurt had been distancing himself. Seeing Kurt made Ram glad.

Ram opened the window and motioned for him to climb up. Kurt took a running start and made a leap, gripping onto the window sill just barely. Ram helped him inside the room and Kurt tumbled to the ground. Kurt looked up at Ram, smiling sheepishly. "Sorry for busting in, Ram."

"It's alright man. Just glad to see you're still alive," Ram joked, helping Kurt to his feet. Kurt nodded, looking at the carpet. He then looked up at Ram. Ram soon realized- Kurt was drunk and stoned. Ram looked slightly frustrated. "You smoked without me?" Kurt looked at him with a dazed look.

Then it happened.

Kurt leaned forward, kissing Ram. Ram stood still then pushed Kurt off, screaming. "Dude! What the fuck?! You fucking faggot! Get out! Get out now!" Ram yelled at the other. Kurt looked surprised then slipped out the window, landed in the garden and stumbled home.

Kurt awoke the next morning, the hangover barraging his head with pain. He was on the couch. He sat up and looked about then noticed the water and Tylenol on the coffee table and quickly took the Tylenol, downing the water with it.

On Monday, Kurt had to walk to school.
And on Tuesday.
And on Wednesday.
And on Thursday.
By Friday, he approached Ram, who had been avoiding him. Ram turned when he heard his name be said. The taller realized it was Kurt.

What happened next made the whole foyer stop and go silent.

One minute, Kurt had began to talk, the next, he was on the ground, dazed and his nose bloody.

"What the fuck, Ram?!" He heard a voice yell then more yelling. He was helped to his feet and walked outside. When Kurt could focus, he realized Martha and Veronica were in front of him, Martha cleaning up his nose. Veronica looking very ticked, staring inside.

"Let it go, 'Ronica. Ram's a jerk," Martha muttered, standing up straight to look at Veronica. Veronica huffed and looked at Kurt.

"What happened, Kurt?" She asked.

"I don't know...I was trying to ask him why he hadn't been giving me rides and why he was avoiding me," Kurt said, looking up at the two. Veronic and Martha exchanged worried glances.

That night, Kurt walked down the dark roads, wiping his tears. He lost his best friend, to an unconcious action. He eventually found himself at the grade school. Kurt walked to the tire swings and sighed. He continued to walk around the playground.

The next day, Kurt wasn't at school. Nor was he at school the day after that. This was when Ram realized that he truly fucked up.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry if it's a bit sudden and shitty for the drama but eh.