Chapter 9: Monday Morning {TW}

Kurt and Ram sat in Ram's truck, holding hands and giggling at each other. Ram cupped Kurt's face with his free hand and kissed him. Since their date, they had gotten even closer, becoming absolutely smitten with each other.

"The bell's about to ring," Kurt muttered against Ram's lips as Ram deepened the kiss.

"I don't care," Ram muttered back, pulling Kurt close by the waist. Kurt hummed and wrapped his arms around Ram's neck, opening his mouth slightly. Ram slipped his tongue in and they began to make out. Ram moved his chair back and Kurt climbed into his lap. Ram pulled away from Kurt and moved to his neck, making the shorter moan.

A knock on the window made them break apart, making Kurt hit the horn. Kurt looked to the window to see Veronica and Martha losing it. Kurt huffed and opened the door, climbing out.

"Thank you, so much, 'Ronica," Kurt muttered, crossing his arms.

"You-you are so-welcome!" Veronica said through laughter. Ram climbed out of the truck with his and Kurt's backpacks.

"C'mon, the first bell rang," Veronica said, wiping her eyes.

Kurt walked towards the bathroom, his footsteps echoing off the lockers.

He stretched his arms above his head, yawning.

Kurt opened a stall and shut it, locking it.

He had never felt truly comfortable using the urinal.

As he sat there, he heard something in the stall beside him.

He knew that sound.

He heard that sound when his dad took him on a hunting trip.

He pulled his knees up to his chest and began shaking.

The stall beside him opened and slammed shut.

Good thing whoever it was had his headphones on, and loud too.

The other teenager whistled to himself, making Kurt shiver.

The sound of footsteps approaching the bathroom made Kurt's heart drop.

A few seconds after the student entered the bathroom, gunshots rang out, echoing loudly against the restroom walls.

Kurt covered his ears, whimpering softly.

Kurt watched the dark blood of the student slowly flow to the drain in his stall.

The whistling slowly faded as the gunman walked out of the restroom.

Kurt relaxed his legs, quickly buttoned and zipped up his jeans then grabbed his phone.

He called Ram.

"Kurt, where are you?" Ram's whispered, panicked voice greeted Kurt's ear, accompanied by the panic of students in Ram's classroom.

"I-I'm in the bathroom, dude, he straight up just murdered someone in the bathroom," Kurt spoke shakily, breathlessly.

"Did you see who it was-" Ram paused as his teacher told him to get off the phone, to be quiet. "Did you see who it was?"

"N-no," Kurt responded. "Ram, I'm scared."

"Just, stay where you are, get up on the toilet and stay out of sight," Ram whispered. "Stay safe."

When Ram hung up, the haunting whistling of the gunman returned.

His footsteps entered the bathroom.

"Hm, I know there's someone else in here by now," the voice said, a smirk in his tone.

Kurt quickly called Ram again as the gunman started kicking open stall doors.

"Kurt?" came Ram's hushed voice.

Kurt could tell how many stalls away the gunman was.

3 stalls away.

All Kurt could do was bate his breath, shaking.

"Kurt?"

2 stalls.

"Hey, dumbass! Where are you going?!" It was Veronica, whisper-yelling.

1 stall.

Kurt could hear the panicked movement of barricades and the sound of the classroom door slamming open, both over the phone and outside the bathroom.

The gunman stopped.

Quick footsteps.

Kurt's eyes widened and he quickly pounded on his stall door, distracting the gunman once more.

"Heh, found ya," the gunman chuckled darkly.

Then, a scuffle.

And...

a gunshot.

Kurt quickly opened his stall and kicked the gunman off of Ram before tackling him and knocking him out. Kurt kicked the gun away from them then turned to Ram.

Ram was staring up at the ceiling, holding his side, where he had been shot.

"Ram!" Kurt gasped, pulling Ram's head onto his lap.

"Kurt?" Ram wheezed, weakly looking up at Kurt.

"Yeah, it's me, it's me," Kurt whimpered, leaning down to kiss Ram lightly. "Stay with me, baby, okay? Stay with me."

Ram watched Kurt pull away with tired eyes.

Slow footsteps of multiple people made their way towards the bathroom, and soon the murmur of students.

Kurt blocked them out, focusing solely on Ram.

"Ram, baby, stay with me," Kurt choked out, beginning to sob. "Don't close your eyes. The paramedics are on their way."

Ram weakly reached up and placed his hand blood-soaked hand on Kurt's cheek.

"Kurt, don't cry, it's hella gay, bro," Ram coughed, smiling weakly.

"Sh-shut up," Kurt chuckled softly, sadly. "You're hella gay."

Ram let his hand fall back onto his stomach and watched Kurt.

Sirens.

Kurt being pulled away.

Ram's eyes shutting.

Kurt screaming as he was restrained.

Ram on a gurney.

Gone.