Chapter 6: Hospital

As the Ford truck headed to the hospital, the two boys were quiet.
"Why?" Ram asked, looking over at Kurt.
Kurt was looking out the windshield, tears misting his eyes. Ram looked back to the road.
"Why, what?" He responded.
"Why would you ever think about that?" Ram asked, choking up slightly.
"What else did I have to live for?" Kurt answered. "You weren't there anymore."
When Ram pulled up to the hospital and parked, he began to cry.
"Ram?" Kurt whispered. "Wha—"
"God damnit, Kurt! God...damnit..." Ram covered his face with his hands. "That's never an option," he murmured. "Suicide is never an option."
Kurt looked away, hugging himself. "I thought you hated me, Ram. God, you punched me in the foyer in front of everybody," Kurt whispered.
"No! Fuck...! I didn't hate you! I DON'T hate you! I'm just fucking confused," Ram yelled, looking at Kurt.

There was a knock on the window, it was the police officer that escorted them to the hospital. "Come on, son. Get Mr. Kelley inside,"  the officer said. Ram sighed, unlocked the truck and got out. He walked to the other side, where Kurt hadn't moved, and opened the door. He caught Kurt as his support was taken away. Kurt weakly stood on his feet and leaned on Ram, gripping his arm for support.

Ram waved to Kurt as the nurse directed Kurt and the police officer to a back room. Kurt looked tired and sad, weakly waving back.

It was 2 in the morning and Ram was dozing off in the waiting room chair when he felt a small tap on his shoulder. His eyes opened and he saw Kurt, staring at him with his tired blue eyes.
"Take me home, Ram, please," Kurt whispered, looking away.
"Okay Kurt," Ram said, standing up. "Let's go."

The drive was quiet until Ram pulled into Kurt's driveway.

Kurt I'm sorry
Kurt you scared me
Kurt-

"Ram, I'm so sorry," a choked up voice said from the passenger seat. Ram snapped from his thoughts and looked over to see Kurt crying. Ram quickly panicked and pulled Kurt into a tight hug. Kurt laid his forehead on Ram's shoulder and sobbed painfully. Ram could feel his heart breaking every second Kurt would pause his sobbing to cough.

"No...no, Kurt, you have nothing to be sorry for. I'm sorry...I'm sorry that I got mad, I'm sorry that I punched you, I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention, I-I'm....I'm sorry," Ram paused to place his hand on Kurt's cheek to let their eyes meet. "I'm sorry that I made you feel like this."

The next few moments were confusing yet relaxing. Ram leaned forward and placed his lips softly on Kurt's. Kurt leaned into the kiss quickly. The taller held Kurt by the waist, pulling him as close as he could.

When they pulled away, their eyes met again. They looked away sheepishly from each other, blushing.

"U-uh...text me tomorrow, okay, Kurt?" Ram said, looking at Kurt again. Kurt nodded, smiling softly and blushing.

"Okay, Ram, you should get back to your party," Kurt said, placing his hand on Ram's.

"We can take it slow," Ram said quietly.

"What?"

"We can take it slow. My emotions and feelings are mixed up, but I want to try us," Ram whispered to Kurt.

"Okay, Ram. Yeah, we can take it slow," Kurt said, kissing Ram's cheek afterwards and hopping out of the truck. Ram took off his letterman jacket and tossed it at Kurt.

"Keep it, Kurt," Ram said as Kurt shut the door. Ram watched as the shorter slipped on the letterman jacket and waved back at the taller.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello hello hello!
Yes, I am back.
But
Get ready
Because I will update as much as I can
Because ya boi
Is about to be on summer break
So
Ya better be ready
For this