Chapter 35

Kristen's P.O.V

As I stood in the main room of the pack house the group of people stared at me, Wanda being the only one who looked sad, and her mate looking cold. Axel looked pleased and Stacy and Alexander looked the same. They had vindictive smiles across their faces, I wanted to growl at them, but I was treading in deep water right now. There's no telling if there's still wolves surrounding the compound back home or if I don't follow the rules what may happen to anyone I cared about.

I waited to be spoken to to talk, my wolf hating acting like a low ranking wolf, obeying an alpha.

"All this for a hunter?" Axel asked sounding somewhat amused.

I said nothing I just shot death glares at him. He laughed along with Alexander at my silence.

"What, have you nothing to say pup?" Alexander asked me.

"I have a lot to say, but I was taught manners by my mother and father," I responded quickly.

"They were a prize to be had in the hunter world, the parents of the silver wolf," Alexander smiled in remembrance at this, "I wish I could thank them for making my branch's rank go up to second."

As soon as he finished his sentence my wolf burst through me in a fury. She took complete control and I had no problem letting her, he was going to die here and now. The chains were no longer on my wrist because I had ripped them off easily and the wounds healed almost immediately.

She picked him up by the neck and threw him into a wall. He laughed and winced at the same time he landed in the wall. He got up and brushed his clothes off but before he could walk back over I flashed to him grabbing his neck and pinning him against the wall growling as loud as I possibly could. Stacy was noticeably uncomfortable with this whole situation, and the wolves in the house had their heads bowed.

"Now.. if you... Kill... Me you'll.. Ne..never find.. Him," he managed to say through his suffocation. He's right, I'd never get my brother back if he was dead. He still has some use to me, whether I like it or not.

It took me a moment to gain back control from argent but when I did I let him go quickly letting him fall to the floor in a breathless crumple.

I turned around to find faces full of fear staring at me. I didn't care how they felt about me, pack life was not what I strove for anymore. I just wanted to be with my mate peacefully. All I cared about was getting back home so this ache within me would stop.

"Please come with us Kristen, we have a lot to discuss," Axel said trying to be friendly.

I followed him and the rest of the high ranks of the pack up to his office. It looked the same as the last time I was here, typical decor for an alpha dark and almost all wooden. Stacy and Alexander came up not too long after that, he was rubbing his throat a bit and I could see the bluish purple fingerprints littered across his neck. Argent internally smiled at this and so did I. Adam and Mitch joined too for no reason other than being next in line for their father's position,

"So I understand that Alexander has a family member of yours, and that you have a deal in place to get him back," Axel began, "This pack doesn't like the idea of the beta's family being in danger, so we are willing to help you, if you cooperate."

"Get to the point Axel," I growled. I didn't need a whole pack behind me to get my brother back, I could do it myself.

"Well you are still unmarked, and my son seems to have an intense liking for you. If you don't want to work with us, he will mark you in front of the entire pack, making you his Luna for as long as he will live. If you cooperate then you can go back to that hunter and do whatever you please with him. We need you to get him to bring that dagger to Alexander, and you'll be free to go, otherwise you know the consequence," he was in no place to threaten me, but Asher had already had Jake begin to make a replica of his first weapon. Hopefully it'll be done soon enough to carry this plan out.