I Can't Leave You

Malachi's pov

I was walking around the Phoenix Capitol when I heard screams. I turned in the direction of the screams and saw a billowing cloud of smoke rising into the air. I started sprinting in the direction of the smokw and saw the capitol building was on fire. A huge crowd was gathered around and guards were checking on those who had escaped from the building. It looked like everyone had made it out safely but there was one person I didn't see. Levin. I scanned the crowd but didn't see him anywhere. "I'm fine but Lord Levin's still in there!" I heard a woman say to a guard who was making sure she was okay. Without hesitation, I ran into the burning building and made my way to Levin's office. The door was shut and I heard someone pounding on it from the inside. I then heard Levin shouting for help. "Levin! Levin, are you alright?" I asked through the door. The pounding ceased when I spoke and sweat began to trickle down my forehead from the intense heat of the fire. "Malachi! I'm fine but the door's stuck! I can't open it!" Levin said, clearly panicked. "Don't worry, Levin. I'm going to get you out of there." I said. I tried over and over to open the door but it was no use. I heard coughing from the other side of the door and knew I had to hurry. "Malachi...please...hurry..." Levin said, his voice hoarse. I continued my attempts to open the door but to no avail. I heard more coughing then a small thud. "Levin? Levin?! Levin, please say something!" I said, worried. No response. The smoldering walls began to collapse around me. I knew that I should get out of here, but I couldn't leave my little brother.